• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
25Smash
Exhibition International

Sri Lankans v Australians
at the MCG

SRI LANKA 107/6 25.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 108/3 23.0 overs

Australia won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: RT Ponting
did Andrew Symonds really get get 7 off 43 balls!?!?!?!

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI 12-man Squad for 2nd Test

Peter Young
Broncoman
Cloete
Eclipse
Jason Toogood
Blewy (c)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Xavier Rose
Mr Wright
David Kennett
Neil Pickup (vc)

12th man: Master Blaster.

No changes here. The batsmen just didn't click, but the everyone tried hard and the bowler's especially did little wrong. The mood in the camp is positive and everyone is well aware of how crucial this 2nd Test is.

Best of luck to all involved.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Peter Young
Broncoman
Cloete
Eclipse
Jason Toogood
Blewy (c)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Xavier Rose
Mr Wright
David Kennett
Neil Pickup (vc)

12th man: Master Blaster.

No changes here. The batsmen just didn't click, but the everyone tried hard and the bowler's especially did little wrong. The mood in the camp is positive and everyone is well aware of how crucial this 2nd Test is.

Best of luck to all involved.

Very proud to be re-selected and hopefully I can resume from where I took off in the first test. I am well aware that I need to continue peforming.
Good luck boys.

Simon

yeh im very happy to be selected again too, ive got a good feeling about this game, good luck guys....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No changes here. The batsmen just didn't click

Well, why aren't I surprised at that.

Defend them.

Mind you there wouldn't have been chagnes if the side had been skittled out for less than 100 on each occasion - it appears that some people were fast tracked into the side, and it will take a run of about 10 poor games to remove them.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's good to see those not in the team giving their support.

It is good to have the same 12 back together again, we are hungry to avenge what happened in the first test.

masterblaster

International Captain
Once again I'm thrilled at being retained and being part of a special unit, with a world class side. I do know my day will come when I cement my name in this starting XI.

But to what really is important right now,

We're on the brink here mates, lets go and keep the CW Spirit High and lets win one from here.

Lets show those Sri Lankan's what we're made of.

Simon

hang in there MB, unlike a certain member you can see you are a valued member of the SQUAD, just not part of the 11 at this stage...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
As i said before, we were 1 down in the OD series Final yet we come back an won... See where a bit of faith goes...

masterblaster

International Captain
broncoman said:
hang in there MB, unlike a certain member you can see you are a valued member of the SQUAD, just not part of the 11 at this stage...
Cheers Simon, all drinks on me later, regardless of the outcome but hopefully it'll be celebratory drinks!

:D

Simon

masterblaster said:
Cheers Simon, all drinks on me later, regardless of the outcome but hopefully it'll be celebratory drinks!

:D
im taking you up on that offer :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

2nd Test
CW Oval

EDGED! He's caught! It's all over and Sri Lanka need just 168 to win

Pickup ct Jayasuriya b Vaas 0
Balls 3 4's 0 6's 0
A week ago things fell apart for the CW XI as they were wrecked for the second lowest total in Cricket Web history. Despite the spirit of the bowlers, Sri Lanka got home by the comfortable margin of 6 wickets.

Now the Webheads look to rebound and send their first ever home series into a 3rd and deciding Test. With the confidence of an unchanged XI and the shifting of the series to a more batsman-friendly surface, hope is still very much alive.

Skipper Blewy exudes confidence, but matches up with Marvan Atapattu and his men, who have stolen away the momentum of the Chairman's Trophy. A world-class batting lineup and an attack spearheaded by a world-class seamer does battle with the experienced CW XI batting and inexperienced seam bowling.

Sri Lanka are the favourites, but these Webheads have so much fire and desire that you can't count them out of anything. They came back in the One Day Internationals and they surely can do so here.

Join us now for live coverage of the 2nd Test between Sri Lanka and the Cricket Web XI and experiece five days of Test cricket at its best.

Brought to you by the CW Bar.

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ouch. Toogood and Eclipse were in a world apart from the rest of the batsmen in that game, with the exception of Broncoman. But damn, that was a real hiding. :(

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Geez that first innings was huge from the Sri Lankans, had the webbers on the back foot from the very begining. The third is there for the taking, so go at it with both hands.

Mr Mxyzptlk

thewizard1o1 said:
Geez that first innings was huge from the Sri Lankans, had the webbers on the back foot from the very begining. The third is there for the taking, so go at it with both hands.
Second highest total conceded in Test by the XI. Ironically, or perhaps very telling, is that Sri Lanka also scored the highest ever opposing innings - 551/6 declared at Colombo and 551/7 declared at Calcutta. :wacko:

Neil Pickup

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. Fifty-two overs, and I'm not good after that.

Two consecutive non-shows from a lot of the batting order, too :(.

Thank the world for Eclipse...