• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

masterblaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
And Bichel misses out again... er, sorry, I meant Sangrah.
Lol, ah thats alright. Was personally hoping for a first XI place, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Im sure the right time and the right place will come.

Anyways, all the best for the match team, the Sri Lankan's have to be complacent, and we should capitalise.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Was personally hoping for a first XI place, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

i would have had you in the side, i certainly hope you play more tests than bichel...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Team for the 3rd and Final Test...

Broncoman
Blewy (C)
Cloete
Eclipse
Jason Toogood
Marc71178
Ash Chaulk +
Xavier Rose
Mr Wright
David Kennett
Neil Pickup

12th Man- Master Blaster

Only the one Change with PY out, and Marc in... Blewy will open the batting with Bronco...

Good luck to all involved.
Lets go out and finish this Series on a high!!!
I just hope liek hell this isn't done because of Marc's complaining. I definitely think Sangrah deserved a spot ahead of Marc, just for his support of the team. Cricket is a team game after all.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Its our batting which has been the problem, so you want us to drop a batsman and bring in a bowling allrounder??? Makes sense...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Its our batting which has been the problem, so you want us to drop a batsman and bring in a bowling allrounder??? Makes sense...
Well as long as it is for the good of the team then I'm happy!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i thought the bowling was due for a change TBH. good luck to you all, dont become the first team to be whitewashed, i dont think you will.

Andre

International Regular
Cloete said:
I just hope liek hell this isn't done because of Marc's complaining. I definitely think Sangrah deserved a spot ahead of Marc, just for his support of the team. Cricket is a team game after all.
Marc's a batsman. Sangrah's a bowler. It's got nothing to do with that.

As cleary stated before the first Test, Marc was the first reserve batsman. We have struggled for runs with the bat, hence he comes into the side. I'm excited about Blewy opening the innings - I think he may do very well there.

As stated earlier, the bowling has been solid, and this is the part of our side that has never been given a consistent crack at Test cricket. At this stage the trio of pacemen represents the best options we have with the ball. Of course this may change.

If we were scared of Marc complaining, we would never have dropped him in the first place...

Should the bowlers fail again, I've no doubt Sangrah will have his opportunity. At this stage though, he is still a member of the squad - which I'm sure, being the man he is, he is very much proud of.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Andre said:
Marc's a batsman. Sangrah's a bowler. It's got nothing to do with that.

As cleary stated before the first Test, Marc was the first reserve batsman. We have struggled for runs with the bat, hence he comes into the side. I'm excited about Blewy opening the innings - I think he may do very well there.

As stated earlier, the bowling has been solid, and this is the part of our side that has never been given a consistent crack at Test cricket. At this stage the trio of pacemen represents the best options we have with the ball. Of course this may change.

If we were scared of Marc complaining, we would never have dropped him in the first place...

Should the bowlers fail again, I've no doubt Sangrah will have his opportunity. At this stage though, he is still a member of the squad - which I'm sure, being the man he is, he is very much proud of.
Absolutely correct mate, even though I'm 12th man, it's still so special to be a part of this squad and to be recognised after all the hard work throughout the Development League season.

PY

International Coach
Blewy said:
Only the one Change with PY out, and Marc in... Blewy will open the batting with Bronco...
Darn. :(

Good luck guys, hope all goes well, I'll be in the CW Bar.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka vs. CW XI
The 3rd Test

The stage is set and the goal is clear.

The Cricket Web XI move to the newly opened CWBCC Stadium in search of victory against the touring Sri Lankans, that they avoid an historic 3-0 sweep. Beaten convincingly in the first two Tests, the CW XI will play purely for pride this time around.

At critical stages in the previous two Tests the batsmen failed to produce...

10.6 Malinga to Cloete : GONE!!! Bowden raises the crooked finger!

Cloete ct Kaluwitharana b Malinga 0
Balls 2 4's 0 6's 0

Cloete dismissed for his first ever Test match pair and the CW XI in serious trouble again!
... and at the traditionally seam-friendly CW Oval, the seamers simply did not fire...

117.4 Toogood to Jayawardene : Flicked wristily for a boundary! Lovely shot and that's his hundred!

Jayawardene not out 102 Balls 229 4's 9 6's 0

The Webheads getting pounded at the moment...
Never has this Cricket Web team been swept in a Test or ODI series and the weight of supporters from all parts of the globe would suggest that there is no desire to start now. The batting lineup sees the return of Marc71178 to Test cricket and skipper Blewy opens the batting for just the 3rd time in his 56 Test innings.

What will the changes bring? What inspiration can the Webheads summon at the CWBCC Stadium? Big questions and important answers.

Live coverage of the 3rd Test is brought to you by the CW Bar in collaboration with the CWBCC.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka vs. CW XI
The 3rd Test

The CW XI have won the toss and will bat first on this wonderful batting track.

Ball : The ball is nice and new.
Pitch : A perfect batting pitch with no visible cracks.
Bounce : Nice consistent bounce off a good length.
Outfield : Fast outfield.
Weather : Very hot and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

Great conditions for Test cricket. Broncoman and Blewy are in the middle.

Here's Vaas with the first ball....

0.1 Vaas to Broncoman : CUT AWAY! FOUR! Great start!

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Yes!! Fantastic win there guys!!
Great victory after the first two losses, its a great feeling to save the whitewash, great to be part of the team.

Very happy with my personal performance also, finally lived up to my promise, fantastic effort all round!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent effort there people. The bowling attack finally fired after being together consistently. Finally the batsman fired, wonderful stuff from Broncoman and the middle order. Wonderful second innings bowling effort from DK and everyone bowled well in the first innings. On a personal note, I have been very pleased with my performances in all three tests. And cheers to Broncoman for holding on to all my first innings wickets... :D