• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
great win boys, really stepped up and some good contributions by vines, and everyone. actually every one put in but me so thanks for making my debut as skipper a game i will never forget well done boys..............if i didnt have that c next to my name i may have not even been there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
bugssy said:
great win boys, really stepped up and some good contributions by vines, and everyone. actually every one put in but me so thanks for making my debut as skipper a game i will never forget well done boys..............if i didnt have that c next to my name i may have not even been there.
Crucial fourth-wicket partnership for 36, mate - at least you tried to stick around with me :)

Great match by the whole team pulled us through here, unlike in the dev league where we've managed to spoil it from good positions.

Very pleased to hit my third ton of my career, and defy some people who didn't have faith in me ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st Test - CW XI v Sri Lanka

at the PDV Dome

A grand affair that saw the return of David Kennett, the debut of young Ash Chaulk and the quest of Mr Wright to keep his Test career alive.

The Sri Lankans won the toss and elected to bowl first on the quick Dome pitch, knowing that the conditons would flatten out for batting after the first day.

David Kennett set to run into Jayasuriya and so it began...

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was great to be back in the test match arena, and great to share the bowling duties with some fine players. Very disapointed with the loss, and unhappy that I couldn't put a few more batsman back in the pavillion to give Cricketweb the win. Congrats to Eclipse on a great 1st innings century.

Need to work hard for the 2nd test.

ash chaulk

International Captain
glad to make a debut got scared tho to be honest....

thanks to MR Wright for my 1st dismissal being attapatu.

well batted eclipse and toogood

well bowled all bowlers!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ash chaulk said:
glad to make a debut got scared tho to be honest....

thanks to MR Wright for my 1st dismissal being attapatu.

well batted eclipse and toogood

well bowled all bowlers!

No worries mate. Great catch, diving to your right. One for the highlights package, that's for sure. I will never forget it.

David

International 12th Man
Well, an agonising comeback for me, dissappointed with my performance, although some promising signs, after getting carted for 12 in the first over of Sri-Lanka's first innings I came back pretty well, next game I promise to do better!

Congrats to fellow Red Mr. Wright for playing a great game, pity we couldn't win for you!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Kennett, you also bowled well for your return to Tests, I'm proud of ya both. Been a hard road for you 2, but this tour should be awsome.

Unlucky about the loss, Batting really should take a look at themselfs after that second innings.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah we just didn't compete at crucial stages of the match...
We need to fix that for the next game....

Heads up boys, we came back from 1 down in the OD series, we can do it again here...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha looks like you fellas need some advice from the blues number one (pace... haha halsey) bowler:

take wickets
and
make runs

ahhhh simple yet effective.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
25Smash
Exhibition International

Sri Lankans v Australians
at the MCG

SRI LANKA 107/6 25.0 overs