• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

masterblaster

International Captain
Honoured to be in the test side, and after another good season in Dev League Cricket, Im glad that the CWBCC has kept me in their thoughts. I'll carry the drinks with great pride, and here's hoping some time down the line I can make a re-entry in the final XI.

Thanks once again to the selectors and the captain for having faith in my abilities.

Looking forward to a top series victory.

:)

masterblaster

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Also congratulations to Master Blaster. Keep it up. You're almost there. :)
Thank you so very much Liam, and to all the selectors.

As I said earlier, Im very appreciative.

Cheers,

MB

:)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
congrats to those guys who got picked and to those who didnt i am sure it will fire u up to perform even more and get back in there, also congrats to blewy who got the player of the triangular series.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Congragulations to all the players that made the test squad and best of luck ofcourse... hopefully all of you will do well given the opportunity..
Congrats Sangrah you did well to earn your spot.. and hopefully given the opportunity im sure with your work ethic you will not let us down !

Hoping for a good test series.. will surely be watching from the Chairmans box..

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Great Test team there. Even better is David Kennett and Mr Wright both got selected , which is great news for both of them, Kennett after returning to awsome form, and Kyle as there were doubts about his form during the season, but its great these 2 prevailed.

This team looks fairly solid through all departments, should be hard to beat.

Marc, bad luck on not getting in the first 12, but its good for the reds point of view having you in our team, I know everyone wants to get it to top level, but i can say personally its good, we will need your part timers while DK and MW are away.

David

International 12th Man
Absolutely delighted to finally make it back into the CWXI test Squad, its been a long hard road back to this position but it proves that with hard work and determination much can be achieved. Having being an original XI member and then being dropped was hard on me but I kept on improving myself and finally I have returned, happy that all that hard work paid off!!

Now looking forward to a great series and some good CWXI victories!!!

David

International 12th Man
In my excitement i forgot to congratulate everyone else who made the team, so congratulations!! Especially to fellow Red member and bowler Mr. Wright, congrats buddy.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David said:
In my excitement i forgot to congratulate everyone else who made the team, so congratulations!! Especially to fellow Red member and bowler Mr. Wright, congrats buddy.

Thanks mate - right back at 'ya!

I am relishing the opportunity to bowl together and congrats to the other members of the team too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I think it's obvious that there's something very sinister going on in the corridors of power, and certain people are being considered persona non grata...

Funnily it seems to be the ones that speak their minds, and that then seems to mean that the team they're playing on consistently underperform for some reason or other (I wonder why that would be)

Ever since a team agreed on a course of action regarding a certain member of it's team, it appears that things have been going wrong for them and requests have been overlooked.

Coincidence or not?
Clearly this is aimed at me Marc and I'll advise that before you start accusing me of things for the second time this season, you be very certain you have something to back you claim. If you'd like I can reveal our previous debate over my mishandling of the Reds and we'll let the people judge who won, who was in the right and who in the wrong. I wouldn't think it appropriate, but if you want to continue to portray me as having ulterior motives, I may just have to.

For the record, although this isn't usually communicated to the public, I submitted the initial Test XII for discussion and explained why each of the players unlucky to miss out did. Here's what I said about you:

"Marc71178 (He's my 13th man as he's played well in his few Tests so far. However, Jason Toogood offers more IMO and has had a better season in the Dev League"

Surely that comment manifests my pure evil.

I have not tampered with any stats whatsoever in the Reds and have never done such for any team. If anyone else shares this view then I suppose I should go on trial or simply step down. I'm sure Marc would love to take over the CW XI system and run it how it's supposed to be run, with the CW Reds dominating everything. CW Green is just 15 points ahead of Red in 5D and already eliminated in OD, has Age complained about my ulterior motives for the Greens?

Get real Marc! I have had enough respect for you to provide solid evidence and repsonses through this entire fit and you have not yet brought anything to me. Instead you just make claims accusing me of things, thus placing me in a shadow in the eyes of the other members. Well I've handled it quietly so far, but no more.

If I am forced to defend myself I will.

ash chaulk

International Captain
As much as i agree marc should get his open opinion i believe he should definetly not target anyone but the media now come on if your gunna accuse liam of **** thats just out right *******ism be thankful to the man. and if your going to whinge more im more then happy to step down give pete back the gloves let you play and keep peace in the system. but thats the selectors choice!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
well done to the red boys Mr Wright and Kennett. At least Mr Wright can stop saying I've lost form when I make one poor score now.... :D
It'll be good to have Marc back around... and don't worry mate just keep leading the reds well and scoring runs and u'll be back in the side no time!!!

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
well done to the red boys Mr Wright and Kennett. At least Mr Wright can stop saying I've lost form when I make one poor score now.... :D
It'll be good to have Marc back around... and don't worry mate just keep leading the reds well and scoring runs and u'll be back in the side no time!!!

It won't stop me mate. :p

And good luck to you guys in the domestic league.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
It won't stop me mate. :p

And good luck to you guys in the domestic league.
Yep, we'll be holding fort for you guys when you get back, dont you worry about that sir.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AUST_HiTMaN said:
but i can say personally its good, we will need your part timers while DK and MW are away.
What we ask for and what we get tend to have a habit of differing though.

DJellett

International Debutant
broncoman said:
massive win, an to score a century in each innings is stunning, if i get a place in the test side ill be chuffed, cause i was dropped for CW xi's last test, surely this gives the selectors confidence i can get the job done...
well done to DJ for his second dig ton too...
Cheers mate

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lankans v CW Red

Daily Blast: In the absence of their captain Marc71178, the Reds still managed to show enough spirit to beat the Sri Lankans for a slip in momentum going into the first Test. Samuel Vimes played the attacking then patient role in his unbeaten first innings ton to set up the challenge, then some top bowling by Dave and co. set the last innings target at a gettable 225. Zaid Ghansar and Deeps played the crucial innings to win the game after some shaky top and middle order play.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Good stuff Reds, another good team effort. Bit dissapointed I didn't put in a better performance with the test matches approaching, but you cant show the Lankans everything, right?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!

(I notice the scorecards doesn't say who ran out Samaraweera :dry: )

Last edited: