• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cricket may have been average but the radio coverage is always great - had almost forgotten what this was like. Even enjoyed listening to Danny Morrison :-O, who on tv is usually like fingernails scraped down a blackboard made of my ears, but today seemed unusually sensible and at least inoffensive.
Yeah I've listened to both days on the radio due to work, looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV over the weekend. What are your thoughts on Quentin Hull? I don't think he's very good at all, he doesn't work well at all with O'Keefe. I like the rest of the commentary team though.

Gutted for Khawaja too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah he's trying to step into Glenn Mitchell's shoes and not quite managing it IMO. Maybe he's just new and doesn't have that easy rapport with the rest. Roebuck obviously a big loss too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he's trying to step into Glenn Mitchell's shoes and not quite managing it IMO. Maybe he's just new and doesn't have that easy rapport with the rest. Roebuck obviously a big loss too.
meh, thought he sounded like a media or communications graduate who has managed to score a gig in cricket commentary as some sort of facilitator and token young person to talk about twitter

edit: that sounds a bit harsh - he wasn't that bad

Spark

Global Moderator
**** a tight contest. I want to see us rack up an enormous score on the weekend. It's been far too long since we were able to register a really massive first innings score to get a big first innings lead. Talking the 7/550dec territory.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If McGrath was still playing, I could easily see Australia getting a 100-run lead and going on to win by an innings after bowling out New Zealand for 70-odd like in 2004.

As it is, I reckon the second innings will be decidingly awful for New Zealand unless they concede a 150-plus lead.

If they get a small lead on the first innings, they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are ahead in the game.

If they concede a small first innings lead, then they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are still in the game.

If they concede a lead of 200-plus, they will fight and post a total of 300+ because everyone will expect them to lose heavily.

That is how we roll.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Very ordinary that they went off for light imo. I was 10 minutes away from the Gabba when they went off and it truly wasn't that dark at all, and then when I drove past the Gabba about 30 minutes later it was even lighter. Any previous season they would've stayed out there until the end.

uvelocity

International Coach
**** a tight contest. I want to see us rack up an enormous score on the weekend. It's been far too long since we were able to register a really massive first innings score to get a big first innings lead. Talking the 7/550dec territory.
Want to see punter and clarke get to tons, then leave enough room for ussie to score a ton 2nd dig and be rid of prince nickers forever

Spark

Global Moderator
Want to see punter and clarke get to tons, then leave enough room for ussie to score a ton 2nd dig and be rid of prince nickers forever
would love a repeat of the 350 run hobart partnership a few years back. would make my day.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, on day 5 when Australia needs 20 runs to win, the light meter reads 8.8 and they will go off?

Gotta be consistent.
What would be interesting is if there was a situation where it was day 5. 10 runs required, 1 wicket in hand. Series level.

So effectively, both batting and bowling team want to be out there. Would the umpires then tell everyone to go off?

Ridonckulous.

Spark

Global Moderator
What would be interesting is if there was a situation where it was day 5. 10 runs required, 1 wicket in hand. Series level.

So effectively, both batting and bowling team want to be out there. Would the umpires then tell everyone to go off?

Ridonckulous.
Didn't we basically almost have that two weeks ago? Was getting pretty dark out there... but not dark enough for an 18yo debutant to not hint Dale Steyn down the ground for four.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't we basically almost have that two weeks ago? Was getting pretty dark out there... but not dark enough for an 18yo debutant to not hint Dale Steyn down the ground for four.
Possibly, not sure if the light got worse than the benchmark reading they took earlier in the match though did it?