• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Law 3 (The Umpires)
9. Suspension of play in dangerous or unreasonable conditions
(a) All references to ground include the pitch. See Law 7.1 (Area of pitch).
(b) If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light, or any other circumstances are dangerous or unreasonable, they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to start or to recommence.
(c) When there is a suspension of play it is the responsibility of the umpires to monitor conditions. They shall make inspections as often as appropriate, unaccompanied by any players or officials. Immediately the umpires together agree that the conditions are no longer dangerous or unreasonable they shall call upon the players to resume play.

Flem274*

123/5
If McGrath was still playing, I could easily see Australia getting a 100-run lead and going on to win by an innings after bowling out New Zealand for 70-odd like in 2004.

As it is, I reckon the second innings will be decidingly awful for New Zealand unless they concede a 150-plus lead.

If they get a small lead on the first innings, they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are ahead in the game.

If they concede a small first innings lead, then they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are still in the game.

If they concede a lead of 200-plus, they will fight and post a total of 300+ because everyone will expect them to lose heavily.

That is how we roll.
So true.

Putting my bets on a draw here. We don't have the bowling to win, and after the hectic first sesh yesterday the pitch has played fine/we can't be that stupid twice in a row. I scanned some old team lists from our 2008 tour of England and that batting line up was atrocious and we still drew games. Surely this lot can do the same if pushed.

(How, Redmond, Marshall, Taylor, McCullum, Flynn, Oram, Vettori was the top eight ftr)

hazsa19

International Regular
We seemed to be moving away from this sort of nonsense during the England/India test series this year. Regularly they played on when artificial light had clearly 'taken over'.

When will the officials learn that people don't pay to watch players walk off the pitch?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Law 3 (The Umpires)
9. Suspension of play in dangerous or unreasonable conditions
(a) All references to ground include the pitch. See Law 7.1 (Area of pitch).
(b) If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light, or any other circumstances are dangerous or unreasonable, they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to start or to recommence.
(c) When there is a suspension of play it is the responsibility of the umpires to monitor conditions. They shall make inspections as often as appropriate, unaccompanied by any players or officials. Immediately the umpires together agree that the conditions are no longer dangerous or unreasonable they shall call upon the players to resume play.
Thanks. I think the key words the umpires are forgetting from there are "dangerous" and "unreasonable".

Flem274*

123/5
Personally really annoyed we went off for the light today. Darkness gives us a better chance of taking a few wickets.:ph34r:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How hard is it to get a different coloured ball that reacts the same though? Fair dinkum. Got all these ****s creating 2 minutes n00dles and wireless internet and we can't get a coloured ball that goes the journey.

Spikey

How hard is it to get a different coloured ball that reacts the same though? Fair dinkum. Got all these ****s creating 2 minutes n00dles and wireless internet and we can't get a coloured ball that goes the journey.
oh hey Tony Grieg

benchmark00

Weren't they experimenting with bright pink balls in England or something?
Pink balls are rubbish. (inb4 jokes)

They go really grey quickly.

The problem isn't the colours, it's that the colour gets knocked off the ball so quickly, and they get dirty and they just turn into darkness again.

hazsa19

International Regular
Absolutely nothing wrong with red balls in most of the light they walk off for these days.

The pink ball was more an idea for day/night First Class Cricket and eventually Test Cricket.

Think it was a dismal failure.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm guessing there is a reason why they can't use the white ball for day/night test cricket?

Day/night tests would be so awesome.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So true.

Putting my bets on a draw here. We don't have the bowling to win, and after the hectic first sesh yesterday the pitch has played fine/we can't be that stupid twice in a row. I scanned some old team lists from our 2008 tour of England and that batting line up was atrocious and we still drew games. Surely this lot can do the same if pushed.

(How, Redmond, Marshall, Taylor, McCullum, Flynn, Oram, Vettori was the top eight ftr)
I think those two draws had a lot to do with rain.

I think this match will be a result one way or the other if there are no more rain interruptions. Even if we only get 75 overs a day before of the ridiculous light "rule", it should be enough to ensure a result.

I reckon we can be "that stupid", two times in a row very easily.

Obviously hope the lads can prove me wrong.

Flem274*

123/5
I think those two draws had a lot to do with rain.

I think this match will be a result one way or the other if there are no more rain interruptions. Even if we only get 75 overs a day before of the ridiculous light "rule", it should be enough to ensure a result.

I reckon we can be "that stupid", two times in a row very easily.

Obviously hope the lads can prove me wrong.
One draw had Oram's last century where he struggled the entire way and Flynn scoring a forty. I don't remember if there was rain involved.