• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Even if we had one, we still couldn't pick them.:p
Sez who? You simply travel back in time far enough, move them to New Zealand shortly after they're born, and raise them in a cricket obsessed household so they don't run off and play thugby.

Flem274*

123/5
Sez who? You simply travel back in time far enough, move them to New Zealand shortly after they're born, and raise them in a cricket obsessed household so they don't run off and play thugby.
They're all going to have the surname Hadlee then, and in an alternative universe Walter Hadlee, not Hollywood stars, began the trend for famous people adopting kids from other countries.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how much better we would bat if the batsmen knew there was a guy waiting in the wings to replace them and the insurance policy has been elevated to six.
If having another batsman in the team affects how much you value your wicket, that casts a pretty poor reflection on you. Batting is a skill practiced by individuals, who all know that getting out for a low total reflects poorly on them. I truly doubt playing six batsman had any affect on the decision making of any of our top 5.

Flem274*

123/5
If having another batsman in the team affects how much you value your wicket, that casts a pretty poor reflection on you. Batting is a skill practiced by individuals, who all know that getting out for a low total reflects poorly on them. I truly doubt playing six batsman had any affect on the decision making of any of our top 5.
Yeah tbh I was being overly snarky there.

Would be gun to have a reserve batsman who is actually decent though, and I stand by whatever else I wrote.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
You'd have to be soooo drunk, and i don't drink, so no way, ever. Maybe if it was the Footloose era SJP......

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Had to listen to most of today's play on the radio. We're not out of this but another session of Ponting and Clarke and we'll be close to gone. I say this because our batsmen need a fifty run head start to give us a chance.

Unfortunately both Ponting and Clarke gave us half a chance while batting and we didn't take them. Hard to criticise the fielding effort (Ponting missed run-out) too much considering Williamson's runout of Khawaja and Guptill's catch. With the bowling it seems Doug Bracewell was exposed - can't say I'm hugely surprised as he hasn't taken that many domestic wickets and doesn't have a good average. Not going to get all 'I told you so' but I still think Boult should have debuted in Zimbabwe and then would likely be playing here. Other than that, seems Southee was good and Martin and Vettori were steady, which is very much what was expected.

Cricket may have been average but the radio coverage is always great - had almost forgotten what this was like. Even enjoyed listening to Danny Morrison :-O, who on tv is usually like fingernails scraped down a blackboard made of my ears, but today seemed unusually sensible and at least inoffensive.