• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What happened today with the replay shouldn't have happened. If the replays are inconclusive, the initial decison should have stood and the batsman should have been out.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
What happened today with the replay shouldn't have happened. If the replays are inconclusive, the initial decison should have stood and the batsman should have been out.
did you see the actual incident occur and are there any videos online? from what i read, it seemed like replay was inconclusive so they reversed the decision which makes no sense at all.

i agree with what you said on another post which was they should do replay like they do it in virtually every other sport - go with the on field referee/umpire unless there is indisputable evidence to the contrary.

personally would like to see a clip of the incident so i can form my own personal opinion.

anyway, india are listless and i have absolutely no interest in this match.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
did you see the actual incident occur and are there any videos online? from what i read, it seemed like replay was inconclusive so they reversed the decision which makes no sense at all.
I doubt the videos will be online already, but I saw it live. It was most definitely inconclusive, which means the umpires on field decision should have been upheld.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt the videos will be online already, but I saw it live. It was most definitely inconclusive, which means the umpires on field decision should have been upheld.
I think it is poor form ti not allow third umpire to use snicko. With snicko, it was clear that he was out, unless snicko was faulty, which I am not disputing is possible, because the sound came while the bat was not near the ground.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not when there's ground involved. I was sure I'd just smashed the ground once only to look around in shock to see second slip catch me.
dunno abt that... the feel of ball hitting the bat, even the faintest edge, is something I always seem to know whenever I bat...

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Personally can't wait to see India batting to save this test, and how effective Mendis is in partnership with Murali.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dunno abt that... the feel of ball hitting the bat, even the faintest edge, is something I always seem to know whenever I bat...
I've said this time and again. I've batted enough times to know that you don't always know if you've hit the ball. Particularly when you hit the ground too.

Burgey

AWTA. Last year I drove at one, hit the ground and when the fielding side all went up, I didn't move - until I turned around and saw 1st slip had caught it!!!

Last edited:

Burgey

I think it is poor form ti not allow third umpire to use snicko. With snicko, it was clear that he was out, unless snicko was faulty, which I am not disputing is possible, because the sound came while the bat was not near the ground.
Must say the hot spot is better than snicko, also the super slow mo (if available) which usually shows whether the ball's angle of spin changes, giving a pretty good indication whether it's hit the bat.
Also, if the decision was wrong (haven't seen it), who was the 3rd umpire/ I heard it was Rudi - is that right? If so, no surprise to me really.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say the hot spot is better than snicko, also the super slow mo (if available) which usually shows whether the ball's angle of spin changes, giving a pretty good indication whether it's hit the bat.
Also, if the decision was wrong (haven't seen it), who was the 3rd umpire/ I heard it was Rudi - is that right? If so, no surprise to me really.
Must say without Snicko you couldn't give it out but with Snicko it was dead certain to be out for mine. Has to be a major flaw in the sytem if there's technology available which can conclusively show it up.

JBH001

International Regular
Going at 4 an over (from, as cricinfo seems to suggest, a leg stump line). Seems fast enough. Also the surface is not conducive, I think, to quick runs.

Hence, I dont think India will be bowled out twice, and a draw is the likely result. Murali and Mendis are unlikely to a major threat on this sort of pitch.