• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This is the 15th time a team has had four centurions in a match - 4th time for Sri Lanka and 5th time against India !

One more hundred and they will join Pakistan and Australia at the top.

masterblaster

International Captain
This is an absolute demolition job and is getting really painful to watch. This ageing Indian side looks really tired and I don't like our chances of batting out this match. Although the endurance levels in the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid are phenomenal. I'm not really expecting too much from Karthik, Ganguly or Laxman in this game.

stumpski

International Captain
Sri Lanka finally declared at 600-6 - the seventh time they've reached that mark in Tests, six of those since 2001.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He does not have a lack of pace, he looked pretty sharp when he bowled against England, got up to 140kph.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving this Dravid v Mendis. Hope Rahul is up for a huge one and Gambhir is looking nice out there too. Not as impressed with Arun Lal, he's been particularly painful to listen to today.

EDIT: Crap Gambhir out as I typed that. Crap crap crap.

duffer

Mendis gets Dravid first pole in Tests. Bamboozled him too. We're up **** creek here now.

duffer

Mendis + Murali !!! this was worth the wait for the last 2 days and staying up the whole night.
Great effort by Sri Lanka if they can force a result on a pitch like this. Not a terrible surface by any stretch. Watching Ganguly that over, he's trying to play Mendis really really late. Not sure anyone is confident of picking him.

duffer

Reckon Ganguly got lucky against Murali last over. Lanka should've reviewed that. Meanwhile Sachin taking the other route against Murali and getting fully forward and smothering the spin.

duffer

Murali gets Sachin now, trying to pull his bat away last second and draggin it back on.

Innings defeat coming up here. Gutted.

duffer

Looking at the dismissals again, Sehwag just leaves me gobsmacked. No stranger to throwing his wicket but I think today took the cake trying to hook a ball that was heading close to first slip.

Gambhir closed the face on a ball he thought was a doosra and got a leading edge, while Rahul was just done good. Looking at the Sachin wicket he seemed to pick the doosra just fine but for some reason didn't tuck the bat behind the pad and let the ball spin past.

I'll probably jinx him but Ganguly looks decent although he had one hairy lbw that should've been referred.

And now bad light saves us for now with two spinners bowling.

Last edited:

duffer

I thought he was out on the one that was referred.
Hawkeye had it clipping the outside of leg didn't it? I thought fair enough to be not out. And also if the third umpire sends back any doubt I think what will happen is the onfield umpire would probably choose to stick with his initial decision rather than change it.