• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hawkeye had it clipping the outside of leg didn't it? I thought fair enough to be not out. And also if the third umpire sends back any doubt I think what will happen is the onfield umpire would probably choose to stick with his initial decision rather than change it.
It was marginal but did enough for it to be given (although, it seems like you can only get a LBW these days if it’s hitting middle stump).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Indian batsmen chat:

Batsmen One: "Watch out for that Mendis guy his spinning it both ways and then a few balls that do something different in the air and pitch.
Batsmen Two: "What the other guy like at the other end."
Batsmen One: "Just an average offie, you be alright watch out for the doorsa. Apart from that nothing really."

Haha loving this. :laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, now that I know the result I can watch the rest of the game somewhat relaxed. You never know, I might even enjoy the carnage.

Scaly piscine

I hope England aren't due to play Sri Lanka for a while, England are pathetic when it comes to picking slower balls (oh I know lets wait til they rip us to pieces with one and then we'll bother to do some homework) let alone anything else.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Murali making up for years of getting tonked here. Rare to see India completely destroyed by spin like this.

Maybe they did focus on Mendis too much?

Lostman

State Captain
I hope England aren't due to play Sri Lanka for a while, England are pathetic when it comes to picking slower balls (oh I know lets wait til they rip us to pieces with one and then we'll bother to do some homework) let alone anything else.
two test tour to England next year, to replace zimbabwe.
Dont know what players will tour though, because of the IPL. Murali and Mendis are both signed onto the IPL as well.
I think Murali will probably go to England, not unlike him to pad up his stats.:happy:

duffer

two test tour to England next year, to replace zimbabwe.
Dont know what players will tour though, because of the IPL. Murali and Mendis are both signed onto the IPL as well.
I think Murali will probably go to England, not unlike him to pad up his stats.:happy:
Has Mendis been signed up by any franchise at this point? I can imagine his value would be sky high about now, so if he has an agent he should be working overtime.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't know how we're going to bat for two days on a pitch like this against these two.....

I'd be an absolute miracle if we made it, unless a day and a half got rained off or something.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India back to pathetic ways.. And watching Karthik bat and play himself out of the test team, even the squad (once Dhoni comes back) is just so so painful..... :(

duffer

India back to pathetic ways.. And watching Karthik bat and play himself out of the test team, even the squad (once Dhoni comes back) is just so so painful..... :(
Tbh he probably kept himself out of the squad after the first innings unless he reeled off a match saving 100 or something similar.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If one thing good has come out of this Test and the South Africa series, it is how toothless the pace attack is on flat pitches. Our fast bowling stocks to bowl in the subcontinent are not that great.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbh he probably kept himself out of the squad after the first innings unless he reeled off a match saving 100 or something similar.
I didn't watch that innings but it seemed there were only 3 lapses (reading cricinfo commentary).. Unfortunately, all 3 seemed dollies and stuff that keepers seldom at this level.. Any which way, I still think he will do better as a keeper in the next dig.. Sometimes the rust takes longer to shake off in that department. It is his batting that worries me...

Lostman

State Captain
Has Mendis been signed up by any franchise at this point? I can imagine his value would be sky high about now, so if he has an agent he should be working overtime.
Yea he has already signed. He actually played 1 game. I read somewhere that the IPL contracts were for 4 years? If so he really missed out, would have been approached with Dhoni range money for the hype he has been showered with.

duffer

Yea he has already signed. He actually played 1 game. I read somewhere that the IPL contracts were for 4 years? If so he really missed out, would have been approached with Dhoni range money for the hype he has been showered with.
Yep just checked it now. He's in the Knight Riders squad. No doubt he'll see a lot more pitch time next season. Contracts are only for 3 years I think so if he can succeed once the initial mystery factor wears off then he'll be worth a motza.

Loving Boyc's analysis of these Indian dismissals too :laughing: