• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just got home, probably a good thing I missed it tbh, that Vaas innings looked like painful viewing for an Indian supporter.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
They both could, but they weren't express in the sense 155k+. Marshall (I would guess was in the mid 140s most of the time), with some spells higher. Again, its impossible to judge by eyesight, so take that with a grain of salt. I could be completely wrong, and I'll have to take the word of those who faced him. Ambrose was in the high 130s a lot. McGrath was between 130-140 most of his career, with around 138-140 earlier, and around 130-135 later on.
Marshall could drop his pace (as he did when bowling with a broken wrist at Headingly in 1984) but generally was, to my subjective eye, extremely fast and one of the fastest bowlers in the world, if not the fastest, at the time. Mike Gatting described the first spell he faced from him (in 1980/81 I think) as having been at "warp speed".

Ambrose's pace dropped as his career went on but was a genuinely fast bowler in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I agree that it's hard to judge how quick he was, but I'd estimate he bowled at a similar pace to Harmison - ie capable of bowling at 93-94 mph, but not always doing so.

Those two apart, do you take my point about the young Waqar Younis though?

duffer

Absolute garbage, how was that not out yet Dravids so conclusively out last time around? Ridiculous.

biased indian

International Coach
how was that not out !!!!!!!!!!.....limit the reviews 2 per match for team and let the umpire go and check a screen at the boundry line......this whole thing is becoming a joke now......

Dissector

International Debutant
Has India managed to get a single decision overturned so far? I wrote it off as just one of those things but after this I am begining to get annoyed.

duffer

This'll be turned in Lanka's favour as well. Good god, having two Lankans commentating at the same time is painful too.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yes Ranjith Fernando is such a tool. I have heard him comment twice on that helmet-catch dismissing Dravid without noting that it was not out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a shocker, even by the review system. Conclusive proof that it was out in every possible avenue.

Dissector

International Debutant
I hope there is some review system for the review decisions. India have gotten two shockers so far; the first for Sehwag in the first test probably didn't make a difference. This one may cost us the series.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Tony Greig just breaking the news that Laxman and Tendulkar are 'okay' with 'sore' ankle and elbow respectively.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is going the way of a series loss. I hope this series would have taught our selectors that Zaheer Khan is not the bowler for wickets which do not seam and atmospheric conditions which do not aid a great deal of swing. He has had a poor record in Asia for his entire career, especially if you ignore his success against Bangladesh. Whereas Ishant Sharma can extract something from surfaces. Speaking of whom, Ishant has hurt himself trying to get off the pitch after recieving his first warning.

So, three injured so far - this is a JOKE!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed. Another Indian fast bowler is injured - probably the end of Ishant Sharma as we know him, knowing our luck.

'Right buttock pain' says the commentators, what the hell?!

Last edited: