• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Precambrian

Banned
Sure but you can't have much better start to your international career than this. getting 22 wickets in 3 tests against a very strong batting lineup is a fantastic effort. Its why I can't wait to see Australia play Sri Lanka.
Hopefully he wont go the Narendra Hirwani way... or this doenst end up as 2001: A Bhajji menace

Precambrian

Banned
About time, RS Dravid really introspected and took a solid decision. He's been phenomenal, but realistically he has to assess how much forward he can go from here.

With Ganguly that possibility is nigh, so selectors should take the burden upon themselves.

Regards Sachin, I think he deserves one more series.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Must be quite embarrasing to the Indian middle order when number 10 and 11 get 30 odd runs. Shows in can't be that hard out there ATM

Precambrian

Banned
It is a cracker of a pitch. A definite 400+ wicket. A real pity. And the wase with which the 10 and jack have survived for close to 15 overs, ie, more than an hour demonstrates the lack of application shown by the top order.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It is a 350-400 pitch but there is some in it for the pacers and we have some quality spin on display so that probably takes it down to a 300 par score.

Precambrian

Banned
Preying Mendis gets his second fifer and his 23rd of the series!!! What a dream debut this man is having! But for Sehwag, he might have had absurd averages!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant's start hasn't been too shabby either, picks up Mali to leave Sri Lanka 14/1. Was fully expecting an early wicket tbh, but picking up 3 or 4 will be the biggest issue.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You know what's really sad? According to the FTP, Sri Lanka plays no Tests against the top sides for the rest of the year, unless they do end up going to England.

ret

International Debutant
on paper [input] this is one of the best teams Ind has had but on performance [output] probably one of the weakest .... it will be a shame if India fails one more time at the final hurdle coz this is a very good chance to win a series in SL

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
You know what's really sad? According to the FTP, Sri Lanka plays no Tests against the top sides for the rest of the year, unless they do end up going to England.
But it's only little Sri Lanka -- where are the crowds going to come from to watch them play?

UTTER RUBBISH.

While I'm not sure about claiming that SL are the 2nd best Test team, as away performances still need work, I do think that they offer one of the most exciting prospects for a true cricket fan. If you're lucky, you'd get highest-quality spin, an exciting fast bowler with (almost) unique action and classical batting.

It's the unpredictability that gets me. Will we collapse and lose by an innings? Or rack up 600 and win by one?

Anyway, this is the wrong place for this sort of rant. Preaching to the converted.

I'm going to get some lunch.

Migara

International Coach
Once agains Mendis gets 5. He's eating in to Murali's share at an annoying rate. At this rate, Murali may never get his 1000. 900 wickets would be a more realistic goat I would think.

Impressed with Prasad. He's shown the pace about him. If there has been the third seamer, we could have seen him getting up to 150k mark, because he would have known he's going to bowl a short spell.

Vandort is handling Sharma very well. His fondness for pacy wickets are showing up here. He's extremely comfortable on balls that are raring up.