• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Atleast Indian selectors will come to know (if India loses the series) that Fab 4 are no more Fab 4. Its been pathetic series for them. I dont know why the heck Sachin is still playing? Is it not the time for him to say good bye to the game? It seems he along with Ganguly & Dravid wants Indian selectors to fire them and end their career. Dont they want their career to end on a high note? Dont they think that there are many youngsters looking for a place & experience in the national side?

Atleast now, Indians selectors should give awards for the service offered they offered and say good bye.

Precambrian

Banned
Atleast Indian selectors will come to know (if India loses the series) that Fab 4 are no more Fab 4. Its been pathetic series for them. I dont know why the heck Sachin is still playing? Is it not the time for him to say good bye to the game? It seems he along with Ganguly & Dravid wants Indian selectors to fire them and end their career. Dont they want their career to end on a high note? Dont they think that there are many youngsters looking for a place & experience in the national side?

Atleast now, Indians selectors should give awards for the service offered they offered and say good bye.
Hmm... Hmm... 21 tests and an average of less than 30, and noone's baying for Dravid's blood, a poor test series (heck, it's aint over yet!) and everyone's out with knives for Sachin!

cricman

International 12th Man
Cricinfo said:
Update from Jamie Alter: "Tendulkar had a swelling in the left elbow joint, confirmed by an MRI scan. His elbow movements are not comfortable at present. MRI scans performed on Laxman showed he had a sprained left ankle and was still unable to bear full weight on it. Ishant has has a right glutues muscle contusion confirmed by an MRI and is also unable to bear weight on that side. Patel , who had a minor cut on his nose, was kept under observation overnight and was passed fit to keep wickets.
India has a M.A.S.H unit on now

Theoretically speaking India are 0/3 and they haven't faced a ball in their 2nd innings yet

Last edited:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Hmm... Hmm... 21 tests and an average of less than 30, and noone's baying for Dravid's blood, a poor test series (heck, it's aint over yet!) and everyone's out with knives for Sachin!
Did you make a notice of my last post that I mentioned Dravid too in that list? But dont you think its time for them to resign voluntarily and leave the job on a high note. I dont like them to be treated as a normal Indian players while retiring. Do you?

Precambrian

Banned
Did you make a notice of my last post that I mentioned Dravid too in that list? But dont you think its time for them to resign voluntarily and leave the job on a high note. I dont like them to be treated as a normal Indian players while retiring. Do you?
No I don't. No cricket fan would want them to. That's why I think they should be given a chance. I think with Sachin's case, he deserves it, coz, it's just three tests he's been below par, but with Dravid's case I doubt it. Coz it's much more than that, last 19 test matches just 1 hundred and an average of less than 30 is not at all legend worthy. And Ganguly? In the current year, 9 test matches, no 100s, average less than 30...

Ganguly in 2008

Code:
Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50
9 16 1 441 87 29.40 719 61.33 0 4
Dravid in 2008

Code:
9 16 2 474 111 33.85 1255 37.76 1 2
Laxman in 2008

Code:
9 15 0 579 109 38.60 1025 56.48 1 4
Sachin in 2008

Code:
Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave 100 50
7 12 1 497 154* 45.18 2 1
Easily Sachin has been much better of the four. And Dravid and Ganguly been worst. I think if anyone's to be dropped, Dravid and Ganguly fits the bill.

Precambrian

Banned
Kumble's bowling also would come under the scanner after the series. he's been poor this year despite two series' in the subcontinent.

Code:
Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10
8 12 348.0 42 1093 24 4/106 8/254 [B]45.54[/B] 3.14 87.0 0 0
Not even a single fifer in 8 tests so far in current year. So the fab 4 arent the only veterans underperforming.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Great knock by Sangakarra. Good to see Jayawardene scoring some runs as well. Sri Lanka firmly in control of the match at lunch.

cricman

International 12th Man
This has to be disheartening for India, Ishant would have blown tail away, poor decision by Kumble to keep bowling himself instead of Harbhajan

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty poor bowling from India here, definitely need to give Harbhajan Singh a crack at these two. Zaheer and Kumble are just getting pummelled.