• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Just sums up India at the moment actually. Not terribly bright, whining, homesick.

This entire tour has been pretty pathetic and if I were an Indian supporter I'd be pretty pissed off at this motley excuse for a team. From my point of view, SA have been pummeled plenty of times down under but there was always that sense that they did at least try as hard they could, they just weren't up to it. India haven't been up to it & look like they haven't given the slightest hoot.

2 whitewashes in a row away from home, followed up by utter spankings in the ODIs should mean heads rolling down the street outside the BCCI headquarters but I don't expect anything like that. They'll just meander on, wallowing in that sweet, sweet green all those sponsors and broadcasters keep pouring in until the end of 2013, when they go outside again and realise everyone's now a year more rubbish than they were now.

Then there'll be panic, then there'll be a fan, sponsor & broadcaster revolt, a commission of inquiry, teary mid-match retirements, wholesale axings, etc. They'll probably make Harbhajan Singh captain, or something crazy like that and will be absolutely toasted in the World Cup.

It's just dire, they're supposed to be my 2nd team but at this point I'd rather support Pakistan and incur the wrath of my wife than cheer for this bunch.

egalite2k6

Cricket Spectator
just want these players to come back....spare us more embarassment....go and play in that bloody ipl...u might earn money but u have lost respect of many of indian fans

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
On Tendulkar's run out (which I just saw on YouTube), I certainly think there should be a clause that allows umpire the discretion to decide if obstruction by a fielder, intentional or not, didn't allow completion of a run, and not give run outs in such cases. A batsman obviously sets off for a run judging the distance he has to travel without taking into account a possible obstruction. This has happened an umpteen number of times and I seem to remember that always the batsman has been given out. This could be such a huge deal if such a thing happens in a world cup final!

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
And should Australia have withdrawn appeal? In light of recall of Ian Bell and withdrawal of mankad appeal against SL, shouldn't India get something back from oppositions for their niceness?

uvelocity

International Coach
And should Australia have withdrawn appeal? In light of recall of Ian Bell and withdrawal of mankad appeal against SL, shouldn't India get something back from oppositions for their niceness?
based on the appeal against dhuss earlier on, no.

But I thought it deserved a longer look that it got (tendulkar) tbh. Although Lee didn't do anything untoward imo.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If after playing about 900 games Sachin didn't know Lee was going run up the pitch and possibly take his path he's clearly the dumbest man alive. Lee did nothing wrong. Sachin should have gone wider. It's totally different to the Bell/Mankad/Handled Ball stuff.

I do agree that India are owned some luck in that department, but it's not up to the other team to give it to them

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India aren't owed luck. They just have to stop calling players back or withdrawing appeals when they are out. Especially when they act dumb as **** ala Bell and Thrimanne.