• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not all or nothing though. Even if they were going at 3 an over, picking up a single here and there - which is not hard at all - that'd have been ok.
But the point is that it doesn't matter. Dhoni played the safest possible way he could. Runs in that section of the game when you're chasing 250 are unimportant. Wickets are deathly though.

As it turned out he got out, so he ****ed it up and it looks horrible.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well.

Good bowling and fielding performance after the first 10-15 overs or so but what an abysmal performance by India.

Plenty of room for us to improve when Clarke gets back. Batting in particular.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Lots of introspection is needed once the team gets back home. I hope these defeats are not pushed under the carpet with the "We will win at home line".

Jadeja should not be in the side outside the SC, one of the most overrated cricketers :wallbash:

Burgey

Well.

Good bowling and fielding performance after the first 10-15 overs or so but what an abysmal performance by India.

Plenty of room for us to improve when Clarke gets back. Batting in particular.
We need more sting in our tail. Lack of effective lower order hitters cost us a bit today.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Lots of introspection is needed once the team gets back home. I hope these defeats are not pushed under the carpet with the "We will win at home line".

Jadeja should not be in the side outside the SC, one of the most overrated cricketers :wallbash:
Easy to say this, however does India have a clear replacement? Irfan Pathan is capable from 7, however his bowling is not reliable.

Such a shame about Yuvraj. A first choice batsman, and capable of 10 overs.

Spikey

So what do we reckon is our best XI when Clarke returns?
sack warner

but really one 50 in 7 games isn't good enough and that's his OD career summed up. so

wade
watson
forrest
clarke
hussey
dussey
christan
lee
(x)
(y)
doherty

Noble One

So what do we reckon is our best XI when Clarke returns?
More interesting is best XI if all bowlers are fit. Remember McKay has come from a long way behind the pack to find a spot.

Otherwise Warner out, Clarke in. Wade to open.

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh yeah Pattinson ought to be back as well.

I still reckon Clarke is a more natural #3 than Forrest, but oh well.

Our bowling attack also looks infinitely better balanced with Watto there too.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Nah, that was a rank innings. You can consolidate without forgetting to score any runs.
Totally AWTA. Pathetic innings from Dhoni.

Dhoni's idea of structuring an ODI innings is like a HSC student doing jack all right up until a week before exams trying to cram an entire syllabus. Sometimes you might get lucky and all the questions on the paper are the snippets you remembered but more often than not you're gonna fail miserably because you left it too late.

I know he likes to be risk free, but you can play risk free cricket by blocking the ball into gaps and running ala the Hussey brothers. There is no need to completely shut up shop, because momentum is lost and can be very difficult to recover.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can someone tell me what exactly Suresh Raina does?

Putting it out there, he shouldn't be anywhere near international cricket. He's nowhere near good enough.

NasserFan207

Totally AWTA. Pathetic innings from Dhoni.

Dhoni's idea of structuring an ODI innings is like a HSC student doing jack all right up until a week before exams trying to cram an entire syllabus. Sometimes you might get lucky and all the questions on the paper are the snippets you remembered but more often than not you're gonna fail miserably because you left it too late.

I know he likes to be risk free, but you can play risk free cricket by blocking the ball into gaps and running ala the Hussey brothers. There is no need to completely shut up shop, because momentum is lost and can be very difficult to recover.
Dhoni gets lucky pretty damn often.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni saying earlier in the series when Vinay Kumar was going across like Lee at Brisbane and came in the way of a batsman running, the umpire had come across and told him you can't do that and obstruct the runner.

Didn't hear clearly but i think he said the umpire was Bowden even then. ITSTL.

Spikey

would have thought the better line be would be that MS is like a HSC student who plans to take his time during the test and use up every last second rather than finish the test with 45 minutes to go

except that's not very harsh towards MS cause that's pretty much what you should do

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dhoni saying earlier in the series when Vinay Kumar was going across like Lee at Brisbane and came in the way of a batsman running, the umpire had come across and told him you can't do that and obstruct the runner.

Didn't hear clearly but i think he said the umpire was Bowden even then. ITSTL.
What's your point?