• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in decline thread

Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C_C

International Captain
Umm...ok....

Earth to motime..come in motime.....come in.
Please stop orgasming over fantasies and return to earth.
<End of transmission>

cricket player

International Debutant
Move over Aussies,India is here?By what means?

Pakistan tours India beats them in the odi series draws the test match,
Bangladesh beating India in the Odi match,
India Ranks in the odi at number 7
India was beatin by the aussies in their back yard,

By what means would India take over Aussies?I

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
C_C said:
Umm...ok....

Earth to motime..come in motime.....come in.
Please stop orgasming over fantasies and return to earth.
<End of transmission>
I think motime has made fair points. Those stupid comments were from another article, I think. His own comments made sense, IMHO.

Sylvester

State Captain
India cant win outside of their backyard so how on earth can they replace Aus. England are next in line and they have the talent.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It would be so easy to rip that article apart, but I don't think any of us have the energy.

Thankfully our forum members have more sense than to write things like that.

V Reddy

International Debutant
LOL... Sudeep better move up the ranks soon and try for Cricket in TOI because they are really in need of some Journos !!!!!!!!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe that article even got to printing.
It smacks of a childish rant from a cricket forum.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
The No one ranking team (ODI) from here has to be england......india should first start and settle their team a bit as they have probelms every where, ATM indias batting line-up doesnt seem to fire and their bowling is average, some might even say its below-average, so cant even think india coming at no1 for some time. To be honest i feel pakistan will give england a real fight when ever they meet next time, it will probably be the most interesting game as i rate them at the top, at this moment of time.

The No1 from tests point of view will be tough between England and Australia, both have to fight hard to maintian it, it will be more interesting how england performs in the sub-continent where they face Pakistan and India, thats where i really think england will need to work hard after Ashes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
godofcricket said:
The No one ranking team (ODI) from here has to be england......
So, remind me how England have gone against other teams in ODIs recently? Like, say, South Africa, and New Zealand? And then tell me how Australia went against those teams, last time they played them?

godofcricket said:
The No1 from tests point of view will be tough between England and Australia, both have to fight hard to maintian it
Given that England have won one live Ashes test in 16 years, and that Australia haven't been beaten in a series outside of the subcontinent in 12 years, I don't think Australia has to "fight hard" to maintain anything. England have to start beating Australia first, before there can be any serious consideration of how close the teams might be.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
So, remind me how England have gone against other teams in ODIs recently? Like, say, South Africa, and New Zealand? And then tell me how Australia went against those teams, last time they played them?
I think february this year and the matches against NZ (last year) seem quite a long time now......england are mentally more tough now then say 5 or 6 months back where we couldnt even think to match them to Australia......and that was the time when Australia didnt seem to loose any match. Believe me things have changed!!!! England have got much more bowling options and a completely stable batting line-up where everyone seems to know their role at any given moment.

FaaipDeOiad said:
Given that England have won one live Ashes test in 16 years, and that Australia haven't been beaten in a series outside of the subcontinent in 12 years, I don't think Australia has to "fight hard" to maintain anything. England have to start beating Australia first, before there can be any serious consideration of how close the teams might be.
I am not relating anything to such a long history, as i said u cant compare the team england has now to the one year back.......this is a different english team. I know exactly what u mean in ur post, it might take england some time to get to No1 rankings in tests, but its how they will make Australia fight during this period is what counts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Remind me when the last Australia-South Africa ODI was?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
godofcricket said:
I think february this year and the matches against NZ (last year) seem quite a long time now......england are mentally more tough now then say 5 or 6 months back where we couldnt even think to match them to Australia......and that was the time when Australia didnt seem to loose any match. Believe me things have changed!!!! England have got much more bowling options and a completely stable batting line-up where everyone seems to know their role at any given moment.
No, we've just got Kevin Pietersen who played his most miraculous innings yet, and simply cannot keep on doing it forever.
He has to fail a few times sometime, probably pretty soon, and apart from him (as we've seen so far in the only 2 proper ODIs this summer) there's not that much there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
3 years and more ago.
And if South Africa got their hands on Australia playing as they played recently they'd annhailate them.
I also reckon they'd have a decent chance against them in tip-top form.