• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in decline thread

Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atlanta

Cricket Spectator
honestbharani said:
*gets on time machine*

WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS! :D
and what the hell did we (pakistani) do wrong. We are the world champs too. Yes, we shall give australia beating of their lifetime. :p :D :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
because this SA ODI side is so much better than the one that got humiliated last time around?
Oh, no, they underperformed hopelessly, losing to one of the worst Australian ODI sides of recent memory.
I'm just hoping that this time they might play properly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
i dont think it quite works like that...you dont use up form in the way you have suggested
No-one can score runs and just keep scoring them (even Pietersen).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Oh, no, they underperformed hopelessly, losing to one of the worst Australian ODI sides of recent memory.
What was the worst Australian ODI side of recent memory?

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
No-one can score runs and just keep scoring them (even Pietersen).
but their isnt a reservoir of form inside a player which slowly drains away the longer you are in form.

Form is greatly affected by confidence...confidence which is gained by scoring runs in a way a batsman is happy with...and so being in form now actually means you will more likely be in form in a few weeks time.

And remember you can still be in form and in good nick and get out cheaply.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
its funny that when SA lose, they underperformed.

But its no disgrace losing to Australia, Australia were then and still are a vastly superior one day outfit compared to SA.

And where this worst one day Aussie team comes into it I dont know!!!

Unfortunately for you Richard is that this SA team just isnt as good as that one,and even they couldnt win the games that counted

King_Ponting

International Regular
Swervy said:
And remember you can still be in form and in good nick and get out cheaply.
Definently. The balls that u would normally miss when your out of form, you may nick when your in form... You here that comment come up over and over again.

Swervy

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
What was the worst Australian ODI side of recent memory?
it will be tough to find one, given that in the last 10 years Australia have only lost 40 ODI's...maybe we should be looking for the team that wasnt quite so good as the best, but still miles ahead of every other team in the world

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
It's based on a belief that South Africa are more likely than anyone else to expose Lee, Hayden, Hogg and the few other substandard, overrated ODI players in Australia.
Lee is not substandard or over-rated - he would be the first name as a bowler on ANY teamsheet for any World side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:

It's amazing how often you say the South Africans underperform.

Inconceivable that they're not actually anywhere near as good as you make them out?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Lee is not substandard or over-rated - he would be the first name as a bowler on ANY teamsheet for any World side.
I think McGrath and Murali might just edge him out there. ;)

Still, he's a world class performer in ODIs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
3 years and more ago.
And if South Africa got their hands on Australia playing as they played recently they'd annhailate them.
I also reckon they'd have a decent chance against them in tip-top form.
:laugh: :laugh: :lol: i cant breathe....., richard you crack me up.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Hogg since 2003\04 has bowled by-and-large poorly and got an extremely flattering record.
Hayden is a boundary-reliant batsman and has benefited from the poor standard of bowling, as he has in Tests.
Hogg record since the start of 2004 has by no mean been poor has taken 2 5 wikcets hauls during that period, I agree that the standard of international bowling that Hayden has faced has been poor but he is more than just a boundary reliant batsman.

Swervy

International Captain
aussie said:
:laugh: :laugh: :lol: i cant breathe....., richard you crack me up.

its obvious isnt it, South Africa, who have recently just come off a run of 1 win in 14 games (that win was against B'dsh), and have just won a few vs Zimb and WI could murder the Aussies :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Which Australian ODI side in the last decade has been poor, please refresh my memory??? :huh:

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
convenient that, and if SA 'underperform' for a period of 5 years you'd still claim that they are as good as australia.
just curious, in the last 4 years, when has this SA ODI side ever 'performed'?

Swervy

International Captain
tooextracool said:
convenient that, and if SA 'underperform' for a period of 5 years you'd still claim that they are as good as australia.
just curious, in the last 4 years, when has this SA ODI side ever 'performed'?
his pro-South African bias is baffling....it would be interesting to find out where it comes from..so Richard..a question to you. Why are you so ridiculously biased toawrds South Africa?