• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
MoxPearl said:
god i hate the sky coverage and there commentators ..... except the guy who presents it and the guest commentators...

btw.. nz 9 off the first over
:blink: Which commentators don't you like then?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
MoxPearl said:
god i hate the sky coverage and there commentators ..... except the guy who presents it and the guest commentators...

btw.. nz 9 off the first over
I dunno i like the commentators on sky (bar Bob Willis).

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
the guy who presents is david gower....the guest commentators vary every match but im guessing you happen to like david lloyd and ian botham.....

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
david gower thats it!

nah as i said.. dont like david lloyd or ian botham.. :P

128 runs to win with 9 wickets remaining

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
lol has anyone else noticed after best bowls a ball he just stares at the batter for like 5 seconds trying to psyc him out hehe

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
nah as i said.. dont like david lloyd or ian botham.. :P
so who does that leave then?i cant imagine anybody liking willis or allott, so that leaves martin crowe and michael holding

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
read my posts again... I said the only person i like is david gower and the guests... (Jeremy Coney, Holding)

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
read my posts again... I said the only person i like is david gower and the guests... (Jeremy Coney, Holding)
you didnt mention the names of the commentators you liked until now.....im assuming you were talking about the guest commentators in today's match....i havent watched the match preview so i didnt know who they were.
in any case i got 2 out of 3 right so that aint bad :p

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
lol i said

"god i hate the sky coverage and there commentators ..... except the guy who presents it and the guest commentators..."

That would imply... everyone except david gower.. jeremy coney and holding.. :P

Flemming out..

118-2

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
lol i said

"god i hate the sky coverage and there commentators ..... except the guy who presents it and the guest commentators..."

That would imply... everyone except david gower.. jeremy coney and holding.. :P
and when exactly did i mention that you didnt like david gower,jeremy coney and holding?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
hehe oram gets out while the scores r tired

NZ 1 run to win from 25 balls.. lol

Cains hits the winning runs ... smashing the ball for 4 over the top..

marshall not out in the 70s..

Good job again nz.. whats that now.. 13 straight ODI wins ?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
MoxPearl said:
hehe oram gets out while the scores r tired

NZ 1 run to win from 25 balls.. lol

Cains hits the winning runs ... smashing the ball for 4 over the top..

marshall not out in the 70s..

Good job again nz.. whats that now.. 13 straight ODI wins ?
:wacko: Even if you discount the no result against WI a few days ago it still only adds up to 7.

Kent

State 12th Man
Tim said:
Has Butler been bowling well today? with pace?
Butler and Hopkins were the most pleasing features for me, of what was otherwise a complete Carlton Baugh of an ODI!

Apart from pushing a few too many balls down leg, Butler did well. Top speed of 89.6mph (about 144), consistently over 85. Got some nice reverse swing towards the end of his spell and generally bowled a fuller length than we're used to from him.

Hopkins has hardly done a thing wrong as a Black Cap so far, and with our batting depth, you could actually make a case for the country's best gloveman to play every ODI. Snaring someone like Gayle through a piece of quality keeping (especially with our less than stellar attack) adds more to NZ's cause than anything an excellent batsman at #9 usually achieves, yet dropping McCullum would obviously be pretty drastic. I imagine McCullum would back himself to be capable of doing more for NZ in ODIs than McMillan will in the next few years.

Last edited:

Kent

State 12th Man
So NZ are through to the final I think, unless....

Tomorrow: Eng 6, NZ 0
Tuesday: WI 3, Eng 3
Thursday: WI 6, NZ 0

WI 19
Eng 18
NZ 17

Of course if the Windies were to beat us with a bonus point, we'd deserve to be knocked out anyway!

Kent

State 12th Man
Unless we've already qualified and Fleming gets all cunning again.....deliberately losing to the Windies to help them make the final.