• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Which would be funny if it wasn't the fact that this thread started off nearly 2 years ago, so Ganguly has hardly gone straight out and done it!!!
Well ganguly averfaged over 50 on India's tour ofthe West Indies which was about two years ago as well as on the subsequent tour to England.

So Try again Marc :P , my English muppet.

Craig

World Traveller
FRAZ said:
Abdul Razzaq is a one day player that each and every country would like to have in their side .
man just look at his record +30 one day average . 1.33 wickets per match and he is a wonderful runner between the wicket. he is a good fielder and just check his batting performance against KIWIS. cry egg sorry craig , what are you talking about . He has one good hattrick in tests . 3 centuries in tests . He can bat at any number and infact he has .
Tell me what a hat-trick proves? Does it makes him a great bowler? Does it makes him better then say Hadlee who never took one. Razzaq to me was just slogging and benefiting from some rubbish bowling from Adams. So a good fielder and a wondefrful runner doesnt make him great. Just look at Justin Ontong. What do you have to cry egg about?

Anyway a Test average of around 30 is hardly special.

FRAZ said:
Azhar mehmood has won so many games for PAKIS . He has made back to back centuries against South Africa in tests . He is a very good Bowler .
When his Test career started and how many years ago was that? Tell me what he has done since?

FRAZ said:
And also both of them would have got more wickets in tests and one dayers but imagine if you are playing along with Saqlain , Waqar , Wasim, Shoaib and occasionally Mushtaq Ahmed then how come you can get more wickets, Its the matter of distribution of wickets . Be sensible and admitt you said wrong , dont just stick with a wrong statement that you have made . Abdul Razzaq has bowled out Tendulkar 6 times in onedayers . And Azhar is also not way behind Razzaq.
So because he got Tendulkar out doesnt make him a great bowler. So is Michael Vaughan a great bowler because he got Tendulkar out?

Methinks some Pakistani bias.

Craig

World Traveller
FRAZ said:
Sami is a young guy . And actually its been the history that when ever an express bowler fails , then people who are just the ordinary spectators just suddenly reject them , and why they do that because they expect them to do more . Same happened in case of Lee. Aussie selection committe is not ediotic , they again trusted him because they know whats right and wrong . Lee is not rubbish , Sami is not rubbish . Remember Sami almost won first test against KIWIS in the recent series . If I am selecting their team I will definately put Sami there , and actually he needs a little experience. What Pakistni board did to Waqar was absolutely right , Because has definately lost his prime and as far as Sami is concerned he has nt seen his prime yet . He ll learn.
Currantly Waqar is twice the bowler Sami is.

Want a great bowling performance by Same? 10-0-73-2.

If you think that is acceptable, you obviously like a few forum members on here, set low standards.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Tell me what a hat-trick proves? Does it makes him a great bowler? Does it makes him better then say Hadlee who never took one. Razzaq to me was just slogging and benefiting from some rubbish bowling from Adams. So a good fielder and a wondefrful runner doesnt make him great. Just look at Justin Ontong. What do you have to cry egg about?

Anyway a Test average of around 30 is hardly special.

When his Test career started and how many years ago was that? Tell me what he has done since?

So because he got Tendulkar out doesnt make him a great bowler. So is Michael Vaughan a great bowler because he got Tendulkar out?
Abdul Razzaq- The best since Bradman? some one started this thred but why should have got premission from you .
Yeah Sunil Gavaskar was a junk who once said Razzaq is most definately a great allrounder in the making .
Bowling Tendulkar out not once not twice but a little more than that .
lolol . What a knowledgeable person I am talking to .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamesryfler said:
Well ganguly averfaged over 50 on India's tour ofthe West Indies which was about two years ago as well as on the subsequent tour to England.

So Try again Marc :P , my English muppet.
That's as maybe, but since the criticism of him was for not making a decent Test score for ages and his highest score in that series was 75, I think that he's hardly gone out and proven the critics wrong there!

So who's the muppet then?

Craig

World Traveller
FRAZ said:
Craig said:
Abdul Razzaq- The best since Bradman? some one started this thred but why should have got premission from you .
What are you a crackpot?

It is your opinion that you think he is world class just like the same what Sunil said.

Then again it could be your opinion that Liverpool are a great side and Emile Heskey is a great striker.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
What are you a crackpot?

It is your opinion that you think he is world class just like the same what Sunil said.

Then again it could be your opinion that Liverpool are a great side and Emile Heskey is a great striker.
Please I am sorry but what I said I was right . And rather than telling your mom's dad's last name isnt necessary here . Trailer park people have good knowledge . I admitt you won ......

raw

Cricket Spectator
BRETT LEE.

He looked good cleaning up and terrorising the tail, hiding behind McGrath and Warne when the real work had to be done. But what's happened now? Everybody is suddenly seeing the Brett Lee that was always there, just now he can't hide anymore.

All I hear is...'he's still young', 'he'll learn'....he's been around a while now, come on...if he's not good enough and needs "to learn" at this stage in his career then back to the state level, bye bye. If he didn't have such a likeable media personality then he would've been gone a while ago.

AND IAN HARVEY CUT YOUR HAIR YOU LOOK LIKE A JOKE.

AndyJ27

Cricket Spectator
Right now, South Australia would have the best pace attack in the country when Gillespie (if available for a state game or coming back from injury...again!), Rofe who is almost a young McGrath, Tait who has pace and Cleary who bowled into the wind against Zimbabwe at the WACA the other week and swung it away consistently are all playing. However the chances of more than two of them being in the test side at once are minimal cause Bracken (who I don't think is over rated, but if he was right handed, he would not be playing shield cricket) and Lee are from NSW. Nicholson will get another chance now he has moved to NSW also ahead of any of the younger guys around.

Andy Bichel is the hardest done by player in world cricket today

Choora

State Regular
Craig said:

Razzak is a wonderful OD player who would qualify for most ODI teams. He would have become the best all rounder in the game today had there wan't a visible decine in his bowling.

Not much, but it isn't his fault, coz his place was taken over by Razzak!! Frankly pak selectors didn't treat Azhar fairly, Azhar mahmood is an UNDER rated player rather than an over rated one.

Choora

State Regular
I think the current Australian bowling line up ( Lee/Bracken/Williams/And their leggie) is Overrated.

And this looks to me like the weakest Aus bowling attack in ages

:P They desperately needs McGrath, or else they can send S.O.S to India and Prasad could be persuaded to spearhead the current Aus bowling lineup:lol:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Razzaq to me was just slogging and benefiting from some rubbish bowling from Adams.
Perhaps, but I was at that game and the way he managed to pick the gaps was supernatural! Every ball went over the heads or short of the boundary riders. It was amazing, and frustrating as hell for me!

To get back on topic, my overrated players are:

Mohammad Sami - the kiwi media went ape over this guy simply because he bowls fast and that's all the journos can recognise in a bowler since Shane Bond came along. Apart from his spell in Hamilton he had a dreadful tour. Even then you could argue the NZ batsmen thought the game was a draw at that stage.

Virender Sehwag - Every time I've seen him bat his signature shot appears to be a massive thick edge over the slips. Put the entire field down there and he wouldn't last an over.

Brett Lee - Sadly, yes. I feel that a lot of the bile directed at him is because he's good looking, wealthy and ****y. That said it's fairly obvious his star is on the wane, even when you consider he's just back from injury.

Andre Adams - I really wish I wasn't saying this but his bowling's gone to the dogs. A crying shame. He only just qualifies as overrated though, considering the abuse he got from the crowd on Saturday night!

And my number one overrated player? Ian Butler - an overblown product of NZ's post-Bond obsession with speed. This kid is a massive liability. I don't care how good he could become... he doesn't take wickets, his RPO is horrendous and he's not even that quick anyway. One good performance (his 6-46) does not justify the enthusiasm over this guy. The tragedy is that all the while the "unfashionable" Tuffey and Oram get the job done at the other end, much like Glenn McGrath does while Lee haemorrhages runs..

Dick Rockett

Tim said:
Sorry mate, but that avatar will need to be changed.
Better? This word has the approval of the Broadcasting Standards Authority in NZ!

I'll change it if it's not :saint:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll let the higher authority decide on that one, but I don't think there'll be a problem.

Sorry but rules are rules, thanks for doing it straight away :)

Dick Rockett

Tim said:
I'll let the higher authority decide on that one, but I don't think there'll be a problem.

Sorry but rules are rules, thanks for doing it straight away :)
No worries mate - don't want to ruffle any feathers... at least not over this!