• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Craig

World Traveller
Believe it not (you probably wont) I do think Abdur Razzaq is over-rated and so is Ahzar Mamood.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Believe it not (you probably wont) I do think Abdur Razzaq is over-rated and so is Ahzar Mamood.
I believe you .:lol: ... Now dont tell this to any Pakistani fan . ITs a secret between you and me .:lol: :lol:

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
I dont believe what kind of thinking my fellow AAAS members have.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Vastly Overrated -- Brett Lee & Stuart Macgill, Nathan Bracken

Slightly so - Damien Martyn, Andy Bichel

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ntini - simly rubbish. Agit is poor as well.

Brett lee must start to bowl better, he's 27 now so not the got the excuses's he had before of being inexperienced.

Craig

World Traveller
Dont know about that. Is the ideal strike bowler for Greame Smith.

I personally think Mohammas Sami is over-rated. Definatly inconsistant.

deeps

International 12th Man
damian martyn.......he's stylish, and looks good when playing his shots....but severely over-rated....i don't think he has a very good mindset, as shown by a few times he's played a stupid shot and got out when he should've been playing carefully

Symonds as well.....yes,i know he's made a few good scores,but seriously,if u watched how he played...he was beaten about 9999 times in the 80 odd he made against india...he barely moved his feet and played some really risky shots... they came off,but he would b the last man i'd want coming out to bat for my life

Sudeep

International Captain
Virendar Sehwag

He's OK. But not as good as people rate him... Largely due to his inconsistency and poor temperament.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
You read it.

Razzaq's bowling is nothing special. Dont really rate his batting.
Abdul Razzaq is a one day player that each and every country would like to have in their side .
man just look at his record +30 one day average . 1.33 wickets per match and he is a wonderful runner between the wicket. he is a good fielder and just check his batting performance against KIWIS. cry egg sorry craig , what are you talking about . He has one good hattrick in tests . 3 centuries in tests . He can bat at any number and infact he has .
Azhar mehmood has won so many games for PAKIS . He has made back to back centuries against South Africa in tests . He is a very good Bowler . And also both of them would have got more wickets in tests and one dayers but imagine if you are playing along with Saqlain , Waqar , Wasim, Shoaib and occasionally Mushtaq Ahmed then how come you can get more wickets, Its the matter of distribution of wickets . Be sensible and admitt you said wrong , dont just stick with a wrong statement that you have made . Abdul Razzaq has bowled out Tendulkar 6 times in onedayers . And Azhar is also not way behind Razzaq.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Dont know about that. Is the ideal strike bowler for Greame Smith.

I personally think Mohammas Sami is over-rated. Definatly inconsistant.
Sami is a young guy . And actually its been the history that when ever an express bowler fails , then people who are just the ordinary spectators just suddenly reject them , and why they do that because they expect them to do more . Same happened in case of Lee. Aussie selection committe is not ediotic , they again trusted him because they know whats right and wrong . Lee is not rubbish , Sami is not rubbish . Remember Sami almost won first test against KIWIS in the recent series . If I am selecting their team I will definately put Sami there , and actually he needs a little experience. What Pakistni board did to Waqar was absolutely right , Because has definately lost his prime and as far as Sami is concerned he has nt seen his prime yet . He ll learn.

FRAZ

International Captain
After watching the last onedayer (PAk . NZ). Does any one in this forum think AbdulRazzaq is over rated

FRAZ

International Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Virendar Sehwag

He's OK. But not as good as people rate him... Largely due to his inconsistency and poor temperament.
You are right and so is Yuvraj

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
After watching the last onedayer (PAk . NZ). Does any one in this forum think AbdulRazzaq is over rated
He's an effective hitter when quick runs are needed yes, but he's not that great - wouldn't have put him in here, but wouldn't go overboard about him!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I like this topic. When ever someone calls a certain cricket overrated, that cricketer goes on to do something special just so we can laugh in that poster's face.

I look the on the first page and someone called Ganguly overrated and stated he hasn't made a test ton in ages. First test against Australia he wackes the Aussies around and makes a hundred.

Someone said Laxman is overrated and out of form, do I even need to say anything here? He destroyed the Aussies in the first, second and fourth test.

I believe someone mentioned Razzaq (not sure if this was before of after his demolition today) but boy was he exciting and almost won the game for Pakistan.

Who's next? Someone call Sachin overrated, maybe he'll get a hundred at the Gabba tomorrow.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
I like this topic. When ever someone calls a certain cricket overrated, that cricketer goes on to do something special just so we can laugh in that poster's face.

I look the on the first page and someone called Ganguly overrated and stated he hasn't made a test ton in ages. First test against Australia he wackes the Aussies around and makes a hundred.

Someone said Laxman is overrated and out of form, do I even need to say anything here? He destroyed the Aussies in the first, second and fourth test.
Which would be funny if it wasn't the fact that this thread started off nearly 2 years ago, so Ganguly has hardly gone straight out and done it!!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Which would be funny if it wasn't the fact that this thread started off nearly 2 years ago, so Ganguly has hardly gone straight out and done it!!!
Lol.

In my opinion the most overrated is Saqlain. True, he used to be really effective, but batsmen have worked him out, and he still seems to be rated just as highly.