• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am assuming he will move to a program with Dom Mysterio. Given how hot they both are, it makes the most sense. Could be the Triple H-Rock from 1998 all over again. At least, I would hope so.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

lmao such nuclear heat. The wrestlers behind him are absolutely eating it up too. What a strange, strange man.

Edit: The Netflix doc is fascinating too, 4 episodes in. A lot of it is old hat but some interesting insight into how McMahon thinks...or wants you to think he thinks anyway.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The best bit is where at the start he basically says verbatim "You can't trust anything I say".

It makes his subsequent Twitter whine about how the doco didn't provide an accurate portrayal of his character even funnier than it already was.

I also particularly enjoyed him saying stuff that was then immediately and directly contradicted by other people (e.g., him saying that his family was fine with the proposed incest angle he wanted to do, and then them all one after another saying "no I hated that idea" lol).

Bruce Pritchard accusing it of being a hatchet job another factor that just made me like it even more.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The doco was alright. Probably really interesting for someone who doesn’t know the history of the WWE but not that revealing for those that do
Yeah, I thought so too, but I guess it wasn't really aimed at people who already know a lot about wrasslin' tbf.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
That bit where The Undertaker insists he suffered a concussion in the loss to Brock but McMahon just outright denies it saying Callaway was probably just "traumatized" after being told the streak was ending...there are a few gems like that, especially the ones pertaining to his Randian outlook on life, that enhance his inhumanity/willingness to dehumanize others.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That bit where The Undertaker insists he suffered a concussion in the loss to Brock but McMahon just outright denies it saying Callaway was probably just "traumatized" after being told the streak was ending...there are a few gems like that, especially the ones pertaining to his Randian outlook on life, that enhance his inhumanity/willingness to dehumanize others.
The bit where Bret Hart says he used to think that Owen was murdered as part of an attempt to mess with him is really mind blowingly dire as well imo. Like...what a ****ing crackpot thing to think. At least he now admits it was a ridiculous thing to have ever thought, but jeez.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The bit where Bret Hart says he used to think that Owen was murdered as part of an attempt to mess with him is really mind blowingly dire as well imo. Like...what a ****ing crackpot thing to think. At least he now admits it was a ridiculous thing to have ever thought, but jeez.
Bret doesn't think the Sun revolves around the Earth, he thinks it revolves around him

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bret doesn't think the Sun revolves around the Earth, he thinks it revolves around him
Wait, I read sledger's post as Bret saying Vince thought Owen was murdered as part of an attempt to mess with him?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wait, I read sledger's post as Bret saying Vince thought Owen was murdered as part of an attempt to mess with him?
Sorry, what I was referring to was Bret explaining how he once thought that Owen's death was deliberately arranged (i.e., it was a murder) by someone in WWE (Vince I guess) in an attempt to get back at him for leaving for WCW etc.

Like I say, he's since retracted that view. But wow. It's one of the most ****ing bat**** things I think I have ever heard. As athlai alludes to above, requires a staggering level of self absorption.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the Stone Cold bit where he flat out denies the existence of CTE is an interesting take to say the least
Yeah this was ridiculous as well. To say nothing of the equally idiotic implicit "people who get a lot of concussions must be doing something wrong, so it's their fault" undertone of what he said too.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah this was ridiculous as well. To say nothing of the equally idiotic implicit "people who get a lot of concussions must be doing something wrong, so it's their fault" undertone of what he said too.
I thought the interview was cut up a bit for those Austin comments

I didn't think Austin denied the existence of CTE in its entirety. I thought he was denying that wrestling and CTE necessarily go hand in hand and that you cant put the Benoit episode just down to CTE. Unlike, say, American football where it's endemic and really just part of the game. Plenty of other guys have taken some serious head knocks over the years and haven't repeated what he did

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, what I was referring to was Bret explaining how he once thought that Owen's death was deliberately arranged (i.e., it was a murder) by someone in WWE (Vince I guess) in an attempt to get back at him for leaving for WCW etc.

Like I say, he's since retracted that view. But wow. It's one of the most ****ing bat**** things I think I have ever heard. As athlai alludes to above, requires a staggering level of self absorption.
He is an artist after all

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought the interview was cut up a bit for those Austin comments

I didn't think Austin denied the existence of CTE in its entirety. I thought he was denying that wrestling and CTE necessarily go hand in hand and that you cant put the Benoit episode just down to CTE. Unlike, say, American football where it's endemic and really just part of the game. Plenty of other guys have taken some serious head knocks over the years and haven't repeated what he did
Oh yeah I don't think he was denying their existence tbf, but his comments were to CTE what statements like "I smoked 100 cigarettes a day for my whole life and never got sick" are to lung cancer. Or so they felt to me anyway.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I took it as him saying that you didn’t suffer concussions if you knew what you were doing

He’s not a CTE denier IMO

Simply that he didn’t suffer many head injuries

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
but his comments were to CTE what statements like "I smoked 100 cigarettes a day for my whole life and never got sick" are to lung cancer. Or so they felt to me anyway.
I think it’s reasonable of him to suggest that certain styles of wrestling will leave you more susceptible to damage. That’s what I thought he meant anyway