• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Are people not familiar with England batting collapses? Especially in the 4th innings.

This is far from over. Aussies are strong favourites.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it’s very close. After surviving those 5 overs I have England marginally in front, but England will need one of Root or Stokes to make at least a third of the remaining runs.
England definitely in front and should win, but there's no doubt Australia are the value in the market @4.3

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Hey MF All these years and you never let on you were into choral music Doubt if we will get any play today but we are not yet half way through this test, Requiem [n Bb?
I’ve been singing all my life, MC. Not a soloist (too nervous; not good enough) but have sung in amateur operatics and in more recent years in choral societies. Earlier took part in a fabulous concert - choir, brass band, 2 or 3 soloists from the choir. The audience gave us a standing ovation! Back to cricket tomorrow, well, later today! Or should I say the Requiem? 😉

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Both captains are guys who bowl/can bowl theoretically (Stokes). The short ball tactic at the tailenders after the batsmen are all out conventionally....I smell a bowlers conspiracy to have fun

halba

International 12th Man
gut feeling it looks like a loss. not enough runs on the board to play it and an insipid bat performance(apart from Marsh in 1st iNN and head in 2nd INN) in both innings feels like it.
Duckett is in form and whittling away the total.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia will create more than enough chances to win. Whether they go to hand/ are taken is another question.

Most likely outcome is England all out between 190-210. An ounce of cloud for two hours and it’ll be a lot less. Root and Stokes obviously the big wickets.

halba

International 12th Man
they would need good swing and cloud cover when play resumes. i would think boland would be the key in that condition. there is no sun forecast today.
last evening, there was a late evening sun- eng's 0/28 was scored in those favourable conditions.

Burgey

Nah Cummins will be the key because he’s the best bowler. Starc is obviously also a factor if it’s swinging.

Burgey

cummins 2 overs for 17, is my thinking it will be boland this time, he's due.
So is Warner, but he’s not a better player than Smith or Khawaja rn. Same for the Boland vs Cummins comparison.

anyway, I don’t care who takes them, so long as they’re taken.