• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I know people don't like that someone who apparently doesn't even read the forum posts these but oh well nobody else bothers

England squad: Ben Stokes (c); Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ollie Pope (vc/wk); Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Joe Root; James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Ollie Robinson, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood; Moeen Ali
Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c); Alex Carey (wk), Jimmy Peirson (wk); Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith (vc), David Warner; Cameron Green, Mitchell Marsh; Scott Boland, Josh Hazlewood, Michael Neser, Mitchell Starc; Todd Murphy

start 11am local

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So no Ahmed, no Foakes, no Dawson. great no change to the batting line-up. I suppose they could pick Lawrence as a leg-spinning all-rounder, god save us.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
So no Ahmed, no Foakes, no Dawson. great no change to the batting line-up. I suppose they could pick Lawrence as a leg-spinning all-rounder, god save us.
Was always going to happen

the top five are sealed in stone until injury, loss of limb or death removes them from the team

though it’s the top five incompetent batting that has England 2-0 down

CartyDurham

Ali plays surely
It’s a quandary as I think Robinson and Anderson need resting

The problem is the retaining g of the failure that is Crawley , he is undroppable for reasons unknown

it would make it easier to lengthen the batting line up with foakes and giving bairstow fielding on the boundary duty, where he is pretty good

they’ll not do that though as it’s always the bowlers who get dropped

Robinson and Anderson rested. Wood and Woakes in

CartyDurham

Stokes appeared to get through more of a decent spell , so they may go in with all seam and a bit of root spin

to be fair in both Aussie innings they got the last 7 wickets for 100 and 80 odd in the second, so it definitely worked

Shame about the incompetent batting-on Saturday

MRNC5.0

Cricket Spectator
Murphy comes in obviously, if the pitch is a bit spicy give Boland or Neser a bowl over Haze. Starc is always a risk but being 2-0 up and Englands tail he's worth sticking with. Hopefully the crowd isnt too ugly. Khawaja is literally the nicest bloke in the game and he's getting abused by England players and fans alike. Not a good look.

Anthony Clayden

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bowling over so far

Eng
Anderson 77
Broad 92
Robinson 91
Tongue 42
Stokes 29
Root 30
Brook 3
Ali 47

Who does Eng rest with only 3 days break? Anderson was always the most likely, but Broad must be hurting with the short pitch bowling and those overs. Can they sustain no spinner with the workload and low turn around between innings that Bazball brings.
Is Ali's finger fit enough to bowl long spells?
Is Wood fit yet?

Aus

Cummins 73
Hazelwood 56
Lyon 41
Starc 39
Green 30
Boland 26
Head 11
Smith 1

Murphy for Lyon, Boland for Hazelwood (Cummins should have the rest, but 1 can't see that happening, until it is 3-0)\

Combined list, just to make it clear how much more bowling Australia's batting line up is putting on England's bowlers....

Broad 92
Robinson 91
Anderson 77
Cummins 73
Hazelwood 56
Ali 47
Tongue 42
Lyon 41
Starc 39
Green 30
Root 30
Stokes 29
Boland 26
Head 11
Brook 3
Smith 1

Last edited:

Qlder

International 12th Man
Stokes really has been brainwashed by Bazball

Stokes says winless England are in 'perfect situation'
Despite slipping to 0-2 down in the Ashes, the England captain believes they have a 'better opportunity' than ever before to win back the urn

DriveClub

International Regular

Despite slipping to 0-2 down in the Ashes, the England captain believes they have a 'better opportunity' than ever before to win back the urn

I feel stokes mental health is at stake here. He's having delusions of grandeur, hope he gets the correct treatment for his ailments. He should be in jail though not playing cricket

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

They hired the wrong bloke when it comes to defeating Australia IMO