• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I always knew he could do it. I was talking him up on this forum way back in 2003. Nobody bought it back then though. I'm so happy with how far he's progressed.
I believec you MB. Mainly because, and I always say it, he is such a gun in International Cricket Captain. Best ODI and test batsman in the world when I play as India :cool:

SS was the hater :p

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Still am. He's in top form so some of the mistakes he still makes are mitigated. Just look at some of the flashes he makes. They'll catch up to him, but until then, he deserves his place and has been doing well. But realistically, it was outside the subcontinent that we all thought he'd struggle. And so far, he has played exactly one match there since his return. So let's wait and see.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
You really are a muppet. Look at what Phillip Hughes has acchieved since Hayden's retirements in the most difficult batting conditions in world cricket - South Africa.

Hughes in SA as opener: Average 83
Sehwag in SA as an opener: Average 9

:laugh:
What ?? you're still sore over the drubbing that the Aussies got in India that you're trolling here in the India-NZ series. Get a life man.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Stop giving India so much respect, Kiwis!

Let's see a greentop next game.
I agree........the Kiwis should have a seaming pitch. Then we see how the much vaunted batting attack deal with that. If they have learned any lessons since their last visit.

R_D

International Debutant
Well done India..... good win.
Whats with Dhoni and his love affair with Yuvraj's bowling... seems to bowl him way too much in ODI but its understandable but why in test matches.
What about Munaf Patel.. he had a pretty good game. From what i saw in highlights... he seemed to be bowling bit quicker than what he was last time around in test matches. I remember he was bowling at 125 to 130 kmh last time i saw him. But during this match his speeds were around 130-140 range... which is a improvement. Someone might have had a chat to him.
Still seems he doesn't put alot of effort into his bowling even though he had a good match..... anyway hopefully he can string few good matches together. It would nice to have some support for Zaheer and Ishant.

ret

International Debutant
Finally a win in NZ!! .... the last 3 hundreds by Tendulkar have been in wins so that must make him happy

The bowlers did well to bundle out NZ on such a pitch. In the 2nd inning, they could have bundled out NZ for less than 240 if they had applied themselves well. It was like they were hoping for wkts may be influenced by NZ ability to self destruct which is a fair plan but they, quicks in particular, should have bowled a bit more threateningly, bouncing the batmen, bringing the ball in more often than just bowling that line outside the off-stump waiting for a nick

For NZ, it was a forgettable game. Laughable fielding, poor bowling and pointless batting. Things can only improve for them, if not then days of NZ being a force at home would no longer be true

At the moment, it appears as if the type of surface offered doesn't really matter as NZ seems to be lacking the quality that makes teams competitive for 4 innings in a game. In T20 one inning can turn the game, In ODIs a bad day for other team or a good day for you can turn things, In tests that's not going to happen on a consistent basis

ret

International Debutant
Mark Richardson : Better team deals test lesson to NZ - Opinion - NZ Herald News

why is mark richardson trying to piss off the entire new zealand team?
I don't know what part of it would piss of NZ team but NZ is ranked #8 in ICC test ranking and that ranking would piss most teams. NZ needs to pull up its socks .... the big interest in this series is because Ind hasn't won in NZ since a long time and this is a good opportunity to change things. If India had won some more series there, I doubt this series would be able to generate much interest

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
How for McIntosh and Oram/Southee for Mills. But in all honesty I can't see us betting India on any "fair" track.

GGG

State Captain
Ha, the last line basically implies NZ didn't try. *Yawn* where have I heard that before? Oh we lost, what little ****s, they're useless, didn't even try. STFU.
yep what a idiotic comment, man for man India are just superior, pretty simple really.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not watching, hence I can no way comment on the same. If it was a grounded catch, poor form from the God. If it was not, why the fuss. Anyways, it is too doubtful considering the polarised opinions so far.
Tendulkar said in an interview to Shastri that he thought he had caught it cleanly.

In other news, Shastri asked Tendulkar if this was like the best he has ever batted to which he replied positiviely that he is looking good but didn't answer directly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
\But man has Sachin been awesome.. I think from last years' trip to Australia he has reached another level in terms of batsmanship.. He was playing way too sedate earlir to that but now I get the feeling that he is batting with more freedom without completely throwing caution to the wind. He seems to have found the perfect balance between attack and defence in test cricket, something that seems to come so naturally to him in ODI cricket.. Haven't seen him this good since the mid 90s... 98/99 was perhaps the last of that run... What a man!! What a player!! Shows how good he is that even in that period when I felt he was well off his best, he was still averaging 50+ and scoring big hundreds.

:notworthy:
:)