• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar 3 centuries in his last four Tests. Pretty good run of form he is having here.
he has pulled away from ponting :) 42-37 now .... was 36-34 if am correct
Cricinfo - Sachin evokes his prime

An article on Cricinfo says that Sachin has hit his prime again. Hope it turns out to be true.
Top stuff, it is magnificent to see Tendulkar in some form at the back end (?) of his career.
:happy:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ryder seems to be in awesome form. Hoping in-form Franklin , Flynn, Ryder can wipe this deficit out... big ask, but the pitch is not bad for batting one you are in seems you can only get yourself out bar a pretty special ball like Martin to Gambhir or O'Brien to Dravid, as we saw from Ryder/Vettori on day one, and through most of the indian innings.

I don't think we will get much from McCullum or Vettori this time around, but really hope they just take a long time to play themselves in and look to build partnerships.
Ryder looks like a really special player to me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar said partnership with Laxman and then Harbhajan were crucial ones. Laxman again settling in, getting a start with a 30 and then throwing his wicket away. Sigh.

Woodster

International Captain
Just to recap on Tendulkar's knock, thought he played some outrageously top strokes on the morning of the third day. His back and front foot driving was an absolute pleasure to watch, let's hope he can continue in such a rich vein of form.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So good to see Indian test cricket thriving overseas :)
Well Done India. First win in NZ in 33 Years, I was in nappies then.

It is a very special time for Indian Cricket and I am sure greats like Tendulkar, Dravid will have an added satisfaction that they took Indian Cricket to a much bigger height not only through their performance, but also with their sheer professionalism and leadership. So happy and proud.
Congrats India. In a different league.
well played india!:)
I'm a bit late but well done India. A strong team performance and heatening to see Munaf bowl so well and Harbhajan bowl so well outside the subcontinent.
Great to see India win overseas again.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Blackcaps need a couple of changes to have a chance in the second test, Mills has to be dropped from the entire squad, hes a passenger on this team, that doesn't need passengers.

The selectors should bring in Oram for him if he is fit.

Chris Martin has to be dropped also, I know everybody gets a giggle out of his batting, and his fielding which is non existent, but these aspects of his game are costing the blackcaps around 20 runs in the field, and maybe another 30 while batting, since he cant stick around.

Southee should be bought in for Martin.

If the second test pitch may take spin later on, bring in Patel for Southee or Oram.

99*

International Debutant
The Blackcaps need a couple of changes to have a chance in the second test, Mills has to be dropped from the entire squad, hes a passenger on this team, that doesn't need passengers.

The selectors should bring in Oram for him if he is fit.

Chris Martin has to be dropped also, I know everybody gets a giggle out of his batting, and his fielding which is non existent, but these aspects of his game are costing the blackcaps around 20 runs in the field, and maybe another 30 while batting, since he cant stick around.

Southee should be bought in for Martin.

If the second test pitch may take spin later on, bring in Patel for Southee or Oram.
Agree with Mills, but I don't think Oram should be his replacement, Southee should.

Martin, despite his comical batting and fielding he was NZ's best bowler that game, and to drop him now is suicide.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tendulkar said that NZ are here to compete, so their resistance was always going to be there although it doesn't show from a 10 wicket victory.
Haha, trust me, I'm not one to get annoyed when the opposition team puts on a partnership of over 10 runs.

I just really really hate the tactics of giving singles to the batsman and only trying to get the tailender out. No matter which team does it. It very rarely works, and isn't good to watch IMO.

irfan

State Captain
Haha, trust me, I'm not one to get annoyed when the opposition team puts on a partnership of over 10 runs.

I just really really hate the tactics of giving singles to the batsman and only trying to get the tailender out. No matter which team does it. It very rarely works, and isn't good to watch IMO.
AWTA. Lame tactic, should just treat the tailender as a normal batsman and set the field appropriately. I also don't like the idea of continually pitching it short to tailenders in an attempt to scare them (only use as a variation), just bowl a good line, full and straight and they'll eventually nick one, get bowled/lbw etc.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Fair enough and agreed. I wasn't aware they used such a tactic as I wasn't watching the game then. Takes a wee bit off Dhoni's captaincy that (though over all he had a good game as captain).

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
What made it worse was that the batsman was McCullum who if the field was in would have tried to hit over the top which would have been difficult vs Harbhajan. By spreading the field they induced him into playing a safe innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
From Telegraph India:

Sachin Tendulkar waves a banana at Harbhajan Singh in jest during the Hamilton Test on Saturday. Do you need a quick energy fix, he could be asking the bowler whose six wickets took India to its first Test triumph in New Zealand in 33 years. India won the match by 10 wickets. (AFP picture)
It may be just in jest but it is an unrequired gesture from Tendulkar. He doesn't need to be the man who opens a can of worms. Let the performances do the talking which they are doing mighty well for India right now.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
You really are a muppet. Look at what Phillip Hughes has acchieved since Hayden's retirements in the most difficult batting conditions in world cricket - South Africa.

Hughes in SA as opener: Average 83
Sehwag in SA as an opener: Average 9

:laugh:
Hayden overseas ; Sehwag overseas :laugh: And Sehwag two 300s against the best bowling attacks apart from Aus, ie, SA and pak. :laugh: hayden only 300 against Zimbabwe! The glorious cricketing nation of Zimbabwe. :laugh:

:mellow:

Precambrian

Banned
From Telegraph India:

It may be just in jest but it is an unrequired gesture from Tendulkar. He doesn't need to be the man who opens a can of worms. Let the performances do the talking which they are doing mighty well for India right now.
:mellow: What's wrong in that gesture? God wants desperately to be in the thick of action, so he asked whether Bhajji wanted a quick carb supplement. I don't see anything wrong in that.