• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scallywag said:
Warne will take twelve wickets and murali will be banned for life so the universe is balanced again, it is written.
Not sure if Warne will get 12 wickets. His fingers won't be as nimble as usual because he hasn't had the hand free to send all those text messages.

Mister Wright

Gaijin-san said:
What about 11, as is required?
Read the whole post - it was a joke. For those to slow to get it, it was in reference to his previous mistakes with his mobile phone.

Mister Wright

Gaijin-san said:
I got the joke. Ha ha. Happy?
Honestly I couldn't care less if Warne got the wickets or not. There are more important important things in this world to worry about.

Mister Wright said:
Honestly I couldn't care less if Warne got the wickets or not. There are more important important things in this world to worry about.
I don't see what that has to do with my post.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Back to topic - does anybody think that Sri Lanka poses a threat to the Australians in this series? Obviously, given Murali's withdrawal, people are treating it as a bit of a walkover, but two test series can be VERY dangerous (ask the South Africans) - one good performance by the Sri Lankans, and you never know. The Aussies are a little underdone with both confidence and injury issues, and the Lankans have a lot to play for.

Could be interesting.

Incidentally, I had to laugh when I heard who the Sri Lankans' first tour match is against - the Northern Territory Chief Minister's XI. Must be my ignorance of territory politics, but who the hell is the Chief Minister? Is it like a Premier?

ps: This thread should probably get sticked now, 'cause the tour starts today.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Incidentally, I had to laugh when I heard who the Sri Lankans' first tour match is against - the Northern Territory Chief Minister's XI. Must be my ignorance of territory politics, but who the hell is the Chief Minister? Is it like a Premier?

ps: This thread should probably get sticked now, 'cause the tour starts today.
Because the NT is a territory and not a state it is run by the Chief Minister. The ACT also has one.

Australia to win 2-0. Without Murali their bowling attack is ordinary. Their batting is strong but not enough.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Back to topic - does anybody think that Sri Lanka poses a threat to the Australians in this series? Obviously, given Murali's withdrawal, people are treating it as a bit of a walkover, but two test series can be VERY dangerous (ask the South Africans) - one good performance by the Sri Lankans, and you never know. The Aussies are a little underdone with both confidence and injury issues, and the Lankans have a lot to play for.
doubt it.....SL are a very poor team outside the sub continent even with murali in the side so i expect a 2-0 victory from australia. as far as vaas goes id be very surprised if he got into double figs in terms of wickets.