• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Face it Muali is racist against Australians which we have been made aware ever since Broad reported him. I'm glad he is not coming to Australia, Australia went to Sri Lanka and beat them 3-0, so with Murali pulling out of coming to Australia it stands to reason that he just cant take another hiding from Australia.

Weak and pathetic is the only way you can describe his gutless attitude.
Over the last day or two, we have been struggling to keep a lid on this nonsense. Just when I thought we'd got there, Scallywag realises that the embers are dying down.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
kasra said:
Thank you for this post. Remember, Australian cricket fans are the only ones who applaud when a sportsman gets injured on field which is what happened to Muralitharan in Brisbane in Jan 2003.
And then Kasra feels left out too and adds his five pennyworth.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Craig said:
Will this thread be sticked any time soon since the first game is on Thursday?
Jeez you got my hopes up there but it's only a tour match!

One week after that!

Anyone know how the broadcast rights will go? Same as last year with Sunday games on ABC?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Hoggy said:
Anyone know how the broadcast rights will go? Same as last year with Sunday games on ABC?
At least this time we won't have to listen to Shane Warne commentate.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since no-one has started predicting on the outcome of the series, I am going to start it right now and say Australia will win (that's a surprise) but by 1-0 only. I feel Sri Lankans will do well and draw the first Test but lose the second. Warne will finish as player of series again and McGrath may end the series with a question mark over his future. Lehman (Buff) may head towards that way as well (ie retirement -although he may want to finish with the Summer series against Pak and New Zealand). Of the Sri Lankans , Vaas is likely to be the leading wicket taker.