• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well done guys

great stuff and i do appoligies for my poor batting performance in the final, i usually safe myself gor those special games, but well done cloete ark and rich for a solid series. player of the series i would struggle to accept as i think my batting was a little down even though my bowling was better but i think blewy or cloete should get but cloete was te consistant one through out the series.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I was going to cry when i saw that Lord of Darkness 22 overs 115 runs 3 wickets @ 38.33

but when my ginger bruddah was @ 38.38.. we can blame the pitch..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Overall I think our bowling did underperform slightly in all honesty, but we played together as a team and got the job done!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Great series win guys, was hard fought.

Apologies about my lack of influence with the ball in the first 2 matches, was disgusting.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Overall I think our bowling did underperform slightly in all honesty, but we played together as a team and got the job done!
Completely agree. Everyone had their time and everyone contributed in atleast one match. Great stuff Webbers!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Great series win guys, was hard fought.

Apologies about my lack of influence with the ball in the first 2 matches, was disgusting.
Don't take too hard. You're young raw and bound to get better with more experience.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mate they dont call us Thick Skinned Aussies for nothing. Couple more seasons for Reds and I might be able to play at international level :lol:

No need for a convict joke here Neil :P

Neil Pickup

lord_of_darkness said:
I was going to cry when i saw that Lord of Darkness 22 overs 115 runs 3 wickets @ 38.33

but when my ginger bruddah was @ 38.38.. we can blame the pitch..
Would like to point out the matter of:

LoD - 11 runs @ 5.50, HS 11, SR 32.35
NP - 20 runs not out, HS 15*, SR 83.33

Who's the allrounder? :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Would like to point out the matter of:

LoD - 11 runs @ 5.50, HS 11, SR 32.35
NP - 20 runs not out, HS 15*, SR 83.33

Who's the allrounder? :)
Mr Mxyzptlk - 58 runs @ 29.00, HS 22, SR 44.62
10 wickets @ 30.10, Econ. 4.85

:p Next question...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sri Lanka Test Squad

MS Atapatti (C)
DPMdS Jayawardene (vc)
KC Sangakkara (wk)
ST Jayasuriya
RS Kaluwitharana (wk)
TM Dilshan
LS Malinga
UDU Chandana
KS Lokuarachchi
MF Maharoof
MPUJC Vaas
HMRK Herath
DNT Zoysa
CRD Fernando
TT Samaraweera

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Blue to play Sri Lankans

Mr Mxyzptlk (C)
Broncoman (vc)
StUEy
Craig
Jason Toogood
Tom Halsey
Adam
Daniel Muhaffy
Sudeep
Dylan Jellett (wk)
Nath Patrick

12th Man: Bluefox

Experienced Test batsman Peter Young will not feature, allowing opportunities for young Sudeep and Daniel Muhaffy.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sri Lankans v CW Blue

Daily Blast: Sri Lanka's poor run in the warmup matches continues as they were utterly dominated in this one. Big runs off the bat of Test opener Broncoman inspired the other Blues to get the job done and the bowlers shared around the wickets nicely. Not the ideal start to the Test leg for Sri Lanka.

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon

massive win, an to score a century in each innings is stunning, if i get a place in the test side ill be chuffed, cause i was dropped for CW xi's last test, surely this gives the selectors confidence i can get the job done...
well done to DJ for his second dig ton too...

Sudeep

International Captain
We're on fire... Well played Blues, especially broncoman...

Pleased with my performance too, a solid 27 in the first innings, and 5 wickets in the match! :)