• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Congratulations to Mohammad Yousuf on breaking a record I started to think was bullet proof! What makes it more impressive is that he played the same number of Tests as Sir Viv and scored more centuries! And of course they both missed a Test during the year they set/broke the record . To be honest I thought if this record went it would go to someone who played say 15 Tests in a year (as Ponting did last year) so for it to be broken in the same number of Tests deserves full praise. The most underrated of today's Test batsmen? I bet you if we were told at the start of the year Sir Viv's record would go but we could guess who would do it not many would have picked Yousuf.

Nishant

International 12th Man
excellent performance by Yousaf today! He really is a gem of a player now! Would the pakistani fans call him the new Mr. Reliable, ahead of Inzi, now? With tht said, i think Inzi played well today as well...he needs to get into form, i mean...u cant rely on yousaf all the time can u??

gunner

U19 Cricketer
as a pakistani fan i still rank inzi as a more reliable batsman,

sure moyo has broken records but stats dont say everything

if i had to choose someone to play for my life with 3 wickets remaining i would choose inzi

mohammad16

U19 Captain
gunner said:
as a pakistani fan i still rank inzi as a more reliable batsman,

sure moyo has broken records but stats dont say everything

if i had to choose someone to play for my life with 3 wickets remaining i would choose inzi
that really depends on teh match situation like the run rate needed
if the run rate is managable, i would deh choose mohammad yousuf, he seems to be the safer bet because he uses his feet well and takes less risk

inzi tends to fall over alot towards outside his offstump making him a big lbw candidate to quickies
but if runs were needed at a quick rate, id take inzi anyday

for example
inzi in a 1992 world cup final
and moyo in the icc champions match againts india

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan ODI Squad:Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Rao Iftikhar, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rehman.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Perm said:
Pakistan ODI Squad:Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Rao Iftikhar, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rehman.
why isn't inzy playing? thought he already served his sentence in the champions trophy

haroon510

International 12th Man
samillah Naizi should have been in the team instead of Kaneria, Kaneria is a test bowler he can't pick up wickets in one day

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
haroon510 said:
samillah Naizi should have been in the team instead of Kaneria, Kaneria is a test bowler he can't pick up wickets in one day
He sure can, problem is he gives away too many runs in doing so.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
haroon510 said:
He can't take wickets in tests either.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
:huh: He was the second best wicket taker in this test series.
However against a half decent batting attack (England), he managed 13 @ 50 and Striking at over 100. Well done Danish.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
However against a half decent batting attack (England), he managed 13 @ 50 and Striking at over 100. Well done Danish.
He had a bad series. He was much better against England last year against a stronger English attack. Forget all that, he took 15 wickets against Australia in Australia in the 3 test series @ 37 with a S/R of 60. Not exactly legendary stuff, but still pretty good for a guy who can't take wickets in tests. Oh and just a note, he took 19 Indian wickets at 31.5 in India, you know those guys that are supposed to be the best players of spin.

Did you actually do any research on him, or just decided to pick on him for no reason whatsoever?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
He had a bad series. He was much better against England last year against a stronger English attack. Forget all that, he took 15 wickets against Australia in Australia in the 3 test series @ 37 with a S/R of 60. Not exactly legendary stuff, but still pretty good for a guy who can't take wickets in tests. Oh and just a note, he took 19 Indian wickets at 31.5 in India, you know those guys that are supposed to be the best players of spin.

Did you actually do any research on him, or just decided to pick on him for no reason whatsoever?
Well to be honest I've always thought that Mushtaq Ahmed was twice the bowler than Kaneria will ever be, and I have a grudge against him for that reason really, plus I find him really annoying,

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
Well to be honest I've always thought that Mushtaq Ahmed was twice the bowler than Kaneria will ever be, and I have a grudge against him for that reason really, plus I find him really annoying,
Its your personal choice if you like Mushy more, but his stats didn't support the claim that he was twice the bowler than Kaneria. Last time Mushy was actually good was in 97/98 season. Since then he bowled in 8 series (not including Zimbabwe) and churned out the following averages; 82 (against Aus), 38 (Ind), 71 (Aus), 44 (WI), 153 (SRL), 164 (ENG), 83 (NZL), 100 (RSA). In the two series he played in against Zimbabwe, he averaged 40 and 35. I loved Mushy, but how could anyone justify keeping him in the team after such terrible performances.