• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Forgetting that he has taken 100 wickets in the English domestic season, it's as well as I've seen a leg-spinner bowl (except warne) in the last 20 years.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
Forgetting that he has taken 100 wickets in the English domestic season, it's as well as I've seen a leg-spinner bowl (except warne) in the last 20 years.
Its a lot easier to bowl to batsmen batting for their counties, than batsmen batting for their countries. No doubt Mushy is absolutely awesome in CC, I am a Sussex fan myself, but as the stats in my last post show, he was just not test quality anymore. Besides, Pakistan needed to look towards the future, Kaneria is that future.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
PhoenixFire said:
He can't take wickets in tests either.
No he can, but only after conceding 150 plus runs!!

Kaneria will get pasted in ODI too, i reckon if Kaneria and both Sami are played in a ODI match , the opponents will make 300 + total with ease.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
right

when india were thrashing pakistans bowling attack and tendulkar was playing as if he hasnt been away at all eariler this year

sami came and changed all that

even though pakistan didnt win he sure slowed down indias start in allt he matches he played

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the 1st ODI was rained out which is a disappointment, Darren Ganga in the West Indies squad as a replacement for Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Dravid

International Captain
Sad to see Sarwan out of the ODI series. One of my favorite players and I will miss him during the series.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
do shoaib or asif have a chance of playing in any of the odis??? i dont think they will, they need to get back to match fitness

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
do shoaib or asif have a chance of playing in any of the odis??? i dont think they will, they need to get back to match fitness
Don't think it would be possible for them to come into this series. They will have to wait until South Africa.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dravid said:
Don't think it would be possible for them to come into this series. They will have to wait until South Africa.

Thats a shame! I think Paksitan would win with nothe of them in the team. Not only do they have quality, but it wud be a moral boost for the side as well! However, WI are no pushover!

haroon510

International 12th Man
i think pakistan has a good chance of winning at least the one day series in South Africa now that asif and shoaib is back in the team. it is a big boast for the pakistan.i think they will leave behind nazir for south African tour. It would be intersting to seee the team selection before the SA tour.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Nishant said:
it wud be a moral boost for the side as well!
Not too sure about that. I can see the morals of the Pakistani team taking a serious nosedive with that **** Shoaib coming into the team. :dry:

gunner

U19 Cricketer
well the south african crowd wont wanna taunt shoaib

they dont want the same thing happening to their current batsmen that happened to gary kirsten

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Pakistan put West Indies on the backfoot early on

2 overs gone, 2 runs given, 2 wickets taken. Great start from Pakistan. Gul and Rana bowling beautifully.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Decent debut by Abdur Rehman. 2/20 off his 10 overs. Seems to be a better ODI option than Arshad Khan and a better spinner than Afridi.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty handy with the bat also, probably a better option than Kaneria, his no frills but you know what you are going to get. How’s the pitch playing is it as bad as 123 for 6 or are the West Indies up to their old tricks?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
TT Boy said:
Pretty handy with the bat also, probably a better option than Kaneria, his no frills but you know what you are going to get. How’s the pitch playing is it as bad as 123 for 6 or are the West Indies up to their old tricks?

the ball was swinging alot, dont think pak would have batted first if it wasnt a good bowling pitch first up

so i wouldnt really fualt the windies that much, some good bowling there

but really 126 is pretty inexcusable on any surface