• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is no need for Lara to retire if he can keep these performances going and hasn't lost his desire for the game. I have a feeling Lara wants to build the Windies into a competitive team before he exits, which would at least be, what 2 or 3 years? Or will he go if the Windies win the WC?

Fusion

Global Moderator
What utter dominance by Lara! Man what a champ! There are very few sportsmen in the world that can make me somewhat enjoy a hammering of my team. Lara is one of them. I bet Kaneria is going to have a lot of nightmares in the coming days.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everything is illuminated.

Few wrongs in cricket have been righted as emphatically as Lara's record in Pakistan during this series. Before the first Test at Lahore, he hadn't passed 44 in four matches, an almighty aberration erased through two hundreds and a fifty. If there exist few reasons, as the legend goes, to remain in Multan, on November 21, 2006, the dust, heat, beggars and graves for which the city is famous, were all forgotten amidst one man's singular charge to make it, briefly, the most enchanting venue in the world.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fusion said:
What utter dominance by Lara! Man what a champ! There are very few sportsmen in the world that can make me somewhat enjoy a hammering of my team. Lara is one of them. I bet Kaneria is going to have a lot of nightmares in the coming days.
The really disgusting thing is that he didn't really even bowl all that badly. He was still Pakistani's best bowler, and against normal sides he would have really respectable figures. Not that he was brilliant or anything, but it was just Lara being on top of his game.

You do not want to be the bowler when he's on song, you just don't.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I remember a while ago when people wrote off Lara, saying he was too old. The fools.
TBH, after a cricketer hits 32-33, any slump that he suffers could very well be due to the age factor, so I am not sure if it was unwarranted. Obviously though, he's answered in fine style.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of Lara's innings since the start of 2005:

196 v South Africa
176 v South Africa
130 v Pakistan
153 v Pakistan
226 v Australia
120 v India
122 v Pakistan
196* v Pakistan

Not bad for a 36-then-37-year-old.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Some of Lara's innings since the start of 2005:

196 v South Africa
176 v South Africa
130 v Pakistan
153 v Pakistan
226 v Australia
120 v India
122 v Pakistan
196* v Pakistan

Not bad for a 36-then-37-year-old.

Not bad at all!

Perm

Great to see Lara back to his beautifully dominant self, although Kaneria picked up three wickets he got taken apart by Lara on a few occasions but that is to be expected when you are bowling to that man on top of his game. He almost broke his record for runs in an over aswell, taking 26 off Danish Kaneria at one stage. Really unfortunate to see Gayle, Ganga and Bravo all miss out on centuries and if Lara wants to get to 300 he'll have to do it quickly because if the pitch is becoming flatter they will need a fair bit of time to bowl Pakistan out.

Perm

I just read on cricinfo that Lara become only the 6th person to score a century before lunch. Pretty amazing.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Great stuff from Lara. Kaneria seems to be getting tonked around a lot more lately though. Lara was all class today, but you would/ve at least expect Pakistan to conatin him a little bit.