• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another good century for Mohammad Yousuf, it'll be close whether or not he breaks Sir Vivian Richard's record. West Indies really need a wicket so they can start bowling to Kamral Akmal and then the tail.

Perm

Before this game he needed 339 runs to equal the record, he has scored 56 and 149* at the moment meaning he needs only 134 runs in this innings and his next game to equal the record.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan have saved the game, all there is to do is for Yousuf to try and get another double ton and Razzaq to have some fun. Yousuf should also easily surpass Sir Viv's record now.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No double ton for Yousuf, out once again in the 190's, the only period where he gets nervous it would seem.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was never great at Maths but I make it another 149 runs to beat Viv's record. Two innings to go, should do it considering his form, he get that in one knock.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah I hope he doesn't choke in the next match. Would be nice to have a Pakistani batsman hold a respectable test record, or two in Yousuf's case if he scores a century in the next match AND scores 149+ runs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And if he gets the record it'll be in the same number of matches and probably the same number of innings as Viv Richards. Currently he stands at 17 innings. Richards played 19.

shortpitched713

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
He should have been recalled from the beggining of the tour. Right now I'd put him in for Razzaq, who has been pretty bad with the ball, and not that good with the bat either besides for his innings yesterday.

Also I'd like to see Afridi in for Shoaib Malik. Malik's form in Tests hasn't been all that great, and Afridi was doing well in Tests most recently. I don't really see any point in playing Malik unless he's going to open.

Perm

shortpitched713 said:
Also I'd like to see Afridi in for Shoaib Malik. Malik's form in Tests hasn't been all that great, and Afridi was doing well in Tests most recently.
Are you serious? Shoaib Malik is averaging 61 with the bat over his last five tests and Shahid Afridi only 36. Both have a bowling average of around 50. I would far rather have Shoaib Malik in the Pakistan test side than Shahid Afridi, way more reliable and solid.

Beleg

International Regular
Afridi in for Malik is just preposterous. There are at least fifteen batsmen in Pakistan who are better then Afridi for the role Malik plays. And Malik hasn't even played badly at all!

I'd rather blood some players in place of razzaq.

Perm

He has 192 against England, 192 against the West Indies and now 191 against the West Indies. Talk about a choker.

There has been 55 people scoring between 190 and 200 in tests. Mohammad Azhruddin has 2 , Ian Chappell has 2, Herschelle Gibbs has 2, Brian Lara has 2, Sachin Tendulkar has 2, Marcus Trescothick has 2, Michael Vaughan has 2, Everton Weekes has 2, Frank Worrell has 2, Younis Khan has 2 but the ultimate winner is Mohammad Yousuf with 3.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Karachi seems to be Pakistan fortress, similar to the Gabba for Australia & how Bridgetown was for the Windies back in the days, so the men from the caribbean will have to play well to level this series.