• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Inconsistency and consistency would be derived by s.d and not by 100s and 50s.
Clutching @ straws. :p Unfortunately we are discussing cricket Statistics and not discussing mean median, mode and SD. Because with your logic BRADMAN (in TESTs) will have the biggest S.D. and using the SD theory you would end up taking Sehwag over BD. ;)

I would rather have a player who has higher consistenct to convert his 10s, 20s & 30s into bigger scores(read 100s or 50s) than a player who would constantly give me a 30.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Link to Gayle stats please. And we again come back to strike rate and how around 30 with a strike rate of 95 is quite good.
All the stats are up there www.Cricinfo.com and require minimal effort. I would have posted the link If my browser was still open, but unfortunately it's not, so please help yourself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
Clutching @ straws.
Not really. When you say consistent - you discuss exactly that. Walsh would have been more consistent than Bradman indeed.

You should have specified conversion to bigger scores - which is not what is expected of Sehwag. He is there to give the team good starts - quickfire starts which he is adept in doing.
If he gets a century or some thing then thats great but you dont have Sehwag for that role.

Gayle is the slower player who makes bigger scores. In a team full of batsmen, you would want a player like Sehwag much more than Gayle as the team should on paper be able to last 50 overs easily.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush, you are not the coach/captain of the team. You dont know what his role in the team is, so lets not go there. Every time you lose the argument you change your tune to something else.

Anyways, since I have already shown that

1. VS is too hyped
2. Not better than Gayle
3. Inconsistent
4. Worst Indian batsmen since WC 2003

I see no reason ro continue this discussion, as you seem to be doing nothing but clutching @ straws.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
Pratyush, you are not the coach/captain of the team. You dont know what his role in the team is, so lets not go there. Every time you lose the argument you change your tune to something else.
I dont see any point in agreeing with you just for the sake of it even when you cannot prove what you believe in. Then you accuse me of changing tunes and all. Great tact.

I see no reason ro continue this discussion, as you seem to be doing nothing but clutching @ straws.
I am glad you find no more reason to continue the discussion after arrogantly stating every thing you cannot prove in the end :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
1. VS is too hyped
2. Not better than Gayle
3. Inconsistent
4. Worst Indian batsmen since WC 2003
From a talk on Sehwag vs Gayle how did it turn into Sehwag being crap? No one was in any way mentioning that. And inconsistency - the talk on it proved nothing to this guy then.

Looking back through the forums, the guy has had nothing good to say about Sehwag in the past. So in the current time he found it an easy avenue to vent all he had on Sehwag. The only thing which has impressed the guy on Sehwag has been his bowling.

An example of Sehwag bashing by Sanz:
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=449799&postcount=4532

To quote him he writes:
Sanz - "Dhoni has already proved he is better than the most over rated batsman of all time"

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Looking back through the forums, the guy has had nothing good to say about Sehwag in the past. So in the current time he found it an easy avenue to vent all he had on Sehwag. The only thing which has impressed the guy on Sehwag has been his bowling.
I guess that was directed at me. Since you called me a Sehwag Basher, I would be happy to tell you that in some threads (martyn vs. Chanderpaul) I actually argued that Sehwag was a better( tests) performer than Martyn in last few years.

An example of Sehwag bashing:
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=613257&postcount=1742

Dhoni has already proved he is better than the most over rated batsman of all time
Pity, that you could only come up with that. The link shows nothing but one of my post where I asked you to refer to Cricinfo instead of asking me to post it for you. Dhoni, I have already made my feeling clear ample times, another over-hyped Indian player.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
PY said:
Before we've completely ground it into the ground and repeated ourselves 18 times? :D

That's just not cricket. :p
Oh i forgot to tell you PY,i wanted my whole 1000 dollars on an Aussie win and iwanted Gilly as MOM,is it to late now ?

LOL,,

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
How he's not in the test side I'll never know, its a disgrace. I love watching him bat, he's performed all 3 times I've seen him live this year (against Victoria and 1st and 2nd ODIs against Aus).
Ditto Jono ,Its got me tossed,Is it to late to add to the test team? Not sure of the rules but i would guess if they really wanted him in ,all they would have to do is name him.
Another top captaincy show from Punter,who may have had a slip up in a 2-1 loss away but his record and aussies record on home soil remains the best in world cricket.
They are a good team away and home but it takes a great team to knock them off on home soil.

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Adamc said:
I agree. Glad we managed to settle that.
LOL Adam ,i agree with you,im so glad we got a conclusion on this issue,For a while there i thought we were actually going no where and filling page after page in a debate no one was ever going to win, But like the gentlemen they are they appear to have accepted that Gayle is the best...hahaha

And as for you Marc,how dare you have an opinion, RED CARD FOR MARC, 1 more opinion Marc could see you in the sin bin M8 hahahaha,,,but i agree with your opinion,just keep it hush though please as it appears to have settled down,hehehehe

greg

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Link to Gayle stats please. And we again come back to strike rate and how around 30 with a strike rate of 95 is quite good.
Sehwag's better strike rate can be very simply attributed to him spending more of his time batting in the first 15 overs (because he's usually out before they are completed). I'll bet Gayle's strike rate in the first 15 is a lot closer to sehwag's. Sehwag also spends more time batting on subcontinental pitches where bowlers are often completely defenceless with the fielding restrictions.

PY

International Coach
howardj said:
Let's call it a draw, shall we.
PY said:
Before we've completely ground it into the ground and repeated ourselves 18 times? :D

That's just not cricket. :p
Now we're there. :D :p

The dead horse has been well and truly flogged, stuck through a grinder and stuck in the local butcher mascarading as Class A mince meat.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
jlo33692 said:
Oh i forgot to tell you PY,i wanted my whole 1000 dollars on an Aussie win and iwanted Gilly as MOM,is it to late now ?

LOL,,
Why not, I'm feeling generous. :p