• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not saying Australia WILL lose, but my hunch and in fact, prediction, is that they may well lose. Plus, it just seems to me that they will miss McGrath more than Gilly or Warne. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be the case.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
honestbharani said:
I am not saying Australia WILL lose, but my hunch and in fact, prediction, is that they may well lose. Plus, it just seems to me that they will miss McGrath more than Gilly or Warne. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be the case.
Not really going out on a limb there are we?

Steulen

International Regular
honestbharani said:
Obviously the absence of Warne hasn't had any noticeable effect on Australia's ODI team.
Gilchirst is a great ODI opener, but if he fails, there are others in the team capable of a fast-paced big innings (Symonds, Hussey, Martyn, Ponting).
I don't think there's another bowler who can regularly go for just 2-3 runs/over right from the start, as McGrath did yesterday or during some of the pre-Ashes ODI's (remember those 5 maidens?).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Steulen said:
Obviously the absence of Warne hasn't had any noticeable effect on Australia's ODI team.
Gilchirst is a great ODI opener, but if he fails, there are others in the team capable of a fast-paced big innings (Symonds, Hussey, Martyn, Ponting).
I don't think there's another bowler who can regularly go for just 2-3 runs/over right from the start, as McGrath did yesterday or during some of the pre-Ashes ODI's (remember those 5 maidens?).
yeah, so long as Gillespie was doing well and Kasper was around the corner, even McGrath didn't look all that indispensible to the Aussie side. But with the poor form of those two, McGrath's role has become so much more important. Even in tests, without him, the attack has only one real world class bowler in Warne. Lee has improved but is still not the same force as he is in ODIs and the others didn't really impress me much. I still think the absence of McGrath will hurt them more than the absence of Warne or Gilchrist even in tests.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jono said:
I am incredibly upset that McGrath is not playing tomorrow. ARGH!
Ticket for the game, huh? I'd be bummed too.

I do wonder if McGrath will be used a bit more sparingly nowadays so he doesn't break down like before the 4th test. Might be a sign of things to come.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BoyBrumby said:
Ticket for the game, huh? I'd be bummed too.

I do wonder if McGrath will be used a bit more sparingly nowadays so he doesn't break down like before the 4th test. Might be a sign of things to come.
Well I went to Wednesday's game, which was a disappointment both in atmosphere and through the World XI's performance (was delighted for Vettori though). I am going for the Friday and Sunday games too, and I was really hoping for Friday's game to make up for Wednesday but if the World XI belt Australia or even put up a good performance its going to be tainted (with justification too) without McGrath there.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Essentially, sans McGrath, only really BLee of the bowlers who made Oz the no. 1 ODI outfit is playing. No Hogg, Dizzy or Kasper. Makes it seem a bit hollow.

Well, more so anyway... :D

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
honestbharani said:
lol, if you want me to stick my neck out for a prediction, then yes, I think the World XI will win tomorrow.
They should...if they don't it would be a shame really.I'm sure everyone would hate to see the series get wrapped up after 2 matches...I mean what's the use of having the best players in the world if they can't put up a competitive performance against the aussies.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well, given my history with predicting the outcomes of games, I think it's only fair that I predict a storming Australian victory tomorrow and another stale performance from the World XI - that should ensure we get a 700-run last-ball thriller with a 30-ball hundred from Sehwag/Gayle/Lara/Pietersen/Flintoff/Murali ( :D ) and eight wickets from Lee/Bracken/Clarke ( :D )/Watson ( :D :D )!

Blaze

Banned
They will be using the same pitch right?

Gayle, Vettori and Murali should really bowl 30 overs between them.

PY

International Coach
Hello everyone,

Just a quick 2nd plug for people who are interested in making a few bets on the Super Series but doesn't want to take any risks or it isn't legal then this is the place for you......CW (UnOfficial) MoneyMakers. :)

The specific odds for the series can be found here and feel free to ask questions if you don't understand.

Cheers.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
PY said:
Hello everyone,

Just a quick 2nd plug for people who are interested in making a few bets on the Super Series but doesn't want to take any risks or it isn't legal then this is the place for you......CW (UnOfficial) MoneyMakers. :)

The specific odds for the series can be found here and feel free to ask questions if you don't understand.

Cheers.
PY How do i get started on it?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Those are the figures I gave you.

An all-rounder needs to be able to bowl as well as bat.
But he does bowl Marc???
You will admit though that the both allrounders i have said,Kallis and Symonds are a class above Freddie in the batting stakes wouldnt you?
I would hope you would anyway hahaha

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
jlo33692 said:
PY How do i get started on it?
Just state clearly how much money you want to bet on something and state the odds ($3 would mean you get $3 back for every $1 stake), don't edit your post or it voids the bet. You start with $500 and get $50 every month. There's no signing up required or anything like that.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
jlo33692 said:
But he does bowl Marc???
You will admit though that the both allrounders i have said,Kallis and Symonds are a class above Freddie in the batting stakes wouldnt you?
Kallis yes, Symonds no

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
dinu23 said:
I think Gayle's loads better than Afridi. u just can't rely on Afridi.
Dinu 23 ,i dont reckon we need the stats to tell us IMO that gayle is better than Afridi,IF and its an IF Gayle gets going as an opener there is non better in world cricket to watch,he does not know the word defence,it is attack,attack,attack,,,,,oh and then his wicket hahaha

I love watching that guy ,he is Slater reincarnated,i hope he shows he best today!!!

Still gotta ask selectors where is SHANE BOND if they are fair dinkum???

greg

International Debutant
jlo33692 said:
But he does bowl Marc???
I would hope you wouldn't.