• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Blaze

Banned
I can't believe Pollock brought Akhtar back for a second spell in the 26th over and wasted another potential over for Vettori. Particuarly as spinners shouldn't be used at the death and Murali was doing such a good job at the othe end.

Blaze

Banned
Vettori, Vettori, Vettori !!!!!!!

Oh and a wonderful catch from Lara.

'Kumble should have been picked'

'Giles and Vettori are evenly matched'

Yeah right.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Vettori, Vettori, Vettori !!!!!!!

Oh and a wonderful catch from Lara.

'Kumble should have been picked'

'Giles and Vettori are evenly matched'

Yeah right.
:lol:

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Demolition Man said:
I think this super-sub rule is stupid. --random comment thread--

Yes I really can't see the point to it. All it does is take away the fun in watching the likes of McGrath bat and makes the toss even more important than it already is.

IMO no changes needed to be made, they just needed all fielding captains to be more aggressive.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great six by Lee, and a shocking shot at the end of the over.

I'm p***ed off at Channel Nine for going to the news at the end of the 48th over.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Knopfler said:
Yes I really can't see the point to it. All it does is take away the fun in watching the likes of McGrath bat and makes the toss even more important than it already is.

IMO no changes needed to be made, they just needed all fielding captains to be more aggressive.
Exactly, it increases the importance of luck which is not what people want to see.
I love to watch pigeon bat and some say well if you want to see that watch test cricket, well I tell anyone that thinks there should be a super-sub should get a tape of the 1996 bevan miracle at the SCG where mcgrath held his nerve with the maestro finisher bevan to win the unwinnable match.

If I wanted to watch baseball i would watch baseball. Next they will be having pinch-runners etc Ajuna fatatunga would love that, LOL

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Demolition Man said:
ha atleast you guys get it live.
I feel for you, I honestly do.

Why have they delayed it. Do you think it was so they could have the News during the break at 6pm?