• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

cameeel

International Captain
Elvi said:
Yeah! Vettori is a great cricketer who is very underrated!
I'm not sure about that. He doesn't get as much public attention as Warne, Murilithian or even Giles, but that's because he's from a test-nation with a far lower profile. People don't underrate him, he just isnt classed with Warne and Murilithian

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Yes, and? How does that equate to the abuse Murali has received?
It doesnt. Do not put words into my mouth. It does to the statement made by you earlier:

Marc: Yes, there was banter, and most of it was directed at Shane Warne, but he's said he took it the right way and only once did it get a bit too much (a Strawberry somewhat bizarrely)

There was banter apart from ones directed at Warne and the best case is Gillespie who did not take it in any way you describe.

Blaze

Banned
cameeel said:
I'm not sure about that. He doesn't get as much public attention as Warne, Murilithian or even Giles, but that's because he's from a test-nation with a far lower profile. People don't underrate him, he just isnt classed with Warne and Murilithian

He is underrated by some. Especially those who put him on equal standing with Giles

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ha i can already see that Murali & Vettori will be a headache to face in the super-test once they get assistance from the SCG pitch

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
aussie said:
ha i can already see that Murali & Vettori will be a headache to face in the super-test once they get assistance from the SCG pitch
i dont think Vettori will be picked for the super test imo

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
cric_manic said:
i dont think Vettori will be picked for the super test imo
I reckon they'll go with him. Two spinners on the SCG deck will be too much of a temptation.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori will most likely for the Super Test. With Flintoff as an allrounder they can afford to pick two spinners and three seamers (probably Flintoff, Shoaib, Pollock, Murali, Vettori), and the SCG favours spin anyway, even more so considering it's a six-day Test. The only other option is to pick Harmison and have a four seamers/one spinner attack, which seems unlikely to me.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Vettori will most likely for the Super Test. With Flintoff as an allrounder they can afford to pick two spinners and three seamers (probably Flintoff, Shoaib, Pollock, Murali, Vettori), and the SCG favours spin anyway, even more so considering it's a six-day Test. The only other option is to pick Harmison and have a four seamers/one spinner attack, which seems unlikely to me.
Kallis will be able to bowl a little as well