• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jlo33692 said:
Oh thats great to hear he is back, You would wonder why he aint in the ODI ROW team as he is at his best against Aus,? I would have him in before Shoib Aktar if he is fit?
would it be because Pakistan has a population of 190 million and NZ 5 or something or am i just being silly thinking they are looking at ratings as well for a bigger audience?hahaha
If fit i would have to ask why he is not in the side,he has a proven record against oz?
It's purely because when the squads were named and cut down, he hadn't played really for 18 months or so.

In a way he could've been added to the side retrospectively (and quite probably would've been added to the OD squad if there'd been an injury) but it's also possibly better for Bond if he didn't get these games (thus allowing him more recuperation time)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Pitch is dead flat and rather slow. I doubt it will be a massively high scoring game, and guys like Afridi and Murali may be really hard to score off.
I don't get the logic in Afridi being the supersub to be honest - he's effective with both bat and ball (and in all honesty he's more likely to do a job with the ball than the bat) - by making him supersub you definitely lessen his effectiveness.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
I don't get the logic in Afridi being the supersub to be honest - he's effective with both bat and ball (and in all honesty he's more likely to do a job with the ball than the bat) - by making him supersub you definitely lessen his effectiveness.

He should have subbed Akhtar off after his 5 overs of rubbish and finished his last 5 overs

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sqwerty said:
yeah I know all that.....but this is one day cricket and Gilchrist opens. Why let him get his eye in before Freddie comes on.

I know it would never happen in a World XI match....(ie innovative captaincy). It's much easier for Pollock to just go with flow and not upset anyone by giving Shoaib and himself the new ball.....but if this was a world cup final.....well.....
Yuo don't make any real sense with that suggestion though - Flintoff is not an opening bowler, Pollock and Shoaib are - so why change the natural order of things and thus have 2 bowlers bowling in places they're not used to doing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
parttimer said:
If Aussies had the same mindset as Murali, none of them would go back to england.
Come off it - what have you got to base a comment like that on from the Ashes? Yes, there was banter, and most of it was directed at Shane Warne, but he's said he took it the right way and only once did it get a bit too much (a Strawberry somewhat bizarrely)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Yuo don't make any real sense with that suggestion though - Flintoff is not an opening bowler, Pollock and Shoaib are - so why change the natural order of things and thus have 2 bowlers bowling in places they're not used to doing.
You have already made the point a few posts earlier.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Come off it - what have you got to base a comment like that on from the Ashes? Yes, there was banter, and most of it was directed at Shane Warne, but he's said he took it the right way and only once did it get a bit too much (a Strawberry somewhat bizarrely)
Two words : Jason Gillespie

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds, Hussey have got to bat extremely well to get Australia up to a good score, but they were the 2 best batsmen in the ODI over here so i have faith that they can do it.

Blaze

Banned
aussie said:
Symonds, Hussey have got to bat extremely well to get Australia up to a good score, but they were the 2 best batsmen in the ODI over here so i have faith that they can do it.

Bevan?