• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Meh, should've opened with Afridi, no point leaving him at no. 8 or something. Generally the problem with opening with Afridi is that he gets out quickly and could lead to a collapse; the problem with batting him at 8 is that he will only bat if there is a collapse, and he won't be much use in that situation anyway. It's not as though the World XI middle order is particularly fragile...
Seconded, he should open so that he can just go hell for leather because the batting is just so strong, so if he makes a first baller it doesn't matter, but if he makes a 40 off 20 balls the World XI is suddenly way in front.

andyc

So I win in the Moneymakers thread with McGrath with the first wicket. Anyone know if Australia's first run was a single?

Slow Love™

International Captain
Blaze said:
Of course they can. Not very likely though.
I don't think it's that unlikely. I'd put the World XI in front, but I wouldn't say it's much more than 60/40 at this stage. There's plenty of cricket to be played.

Blaze

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
I don't think it's that unlikely. I'd put the World XI in front, but I wouldn't say it's much more than 60/40 at this stage. There's plenty of cricket to be played.
Your right, there is. But you look at the World XI batting line up. Superstar after superstar.

andyc

Slow Love™ said:
Wow, Bracken's hair... It's in the same ballpark as that guy that hosts that kid's show, "Go Go Stop".
:laugh::laugh:

It reminds me more of Ashton Kutcher in Dude Where's My Car

Slow Love™

International Captain
Blaze said:
Your right, there is. But you look at the World XI batting line up. Superstar after superstar.
If it bleeds, it can be killed. :)

I actually don't think the total's too bad. We'll see how they go.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yeah, Kallis - "you can't touch this".

Great bowling, Pigeon! And Bracken's not doing too bad at the other end, either.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Goodness me, what is the point of having the third umpire if the on field umpires aren't going to use them?

Poor decision.