• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

dinu23

International Debutant
Slow Love™ said:
Dunno about video, but go here:

http://www.abc.net.au/cricket/default.htm

There ought to be a "live audio" link somewhere on the page. You will see there now is a box on the right saying "Listen Live - Our audio stream of ABC Grandstand's call of the cricket from 2:00pm AEST Wednesday" (04:00 GMT), so they're definitely doing live commentary.
thanks mate! :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Dunno about video, but go here:

http://www.abc.net.au/cricket/default.htm

There ought to be a "live audio" link somewhere on the page. You will see there now is a box on the right saying "Listen Live - Our audio stream of ABC Grandstand's call of the cricket from 2:00pm AEST Wednesday" (04:00 GMT), so they're definitely doing live commentary.
Cheers mate, but I can't find a link any where - any chance someone could point it out to me? I'm dumb. Thanks. :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Cheers mate, but I can't find a link any where - any chance someone could point it out to me? I'm dumb. Thanks. :)
The actual link shouldn't be there until tomorrow afternoon, just before the game commences.

For now, you should only be seeing the box advertising it on the right.

Don't worrry too much though - I should be around near the start of the match, and I'll point it out if you haven't already found it.

PY

International Coach
Hello everyone,

Just a quick plug for people who are interested in making a few bets on the Super Series but doesn't want to take any risks or it isn't legal then this is the place for you......CW (UnOfficial) MoneyMakers. :)

The specific odds for the series can be found here and feel free to ask questions if you don't understand.

Cheers.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Good to see sportmanship still alive and well ,http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16817002%5E11088,00.html

Squads
Also in batting order by the look of it
WORLD XI: Virender Sehwag, Kumar Sangakkara, Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Shaun Pollock (c), Shahid Afridi, Daniel Vettori, Shoaib Akhtar, Muthiah Muralidaran.

AUSTRALIA: Adam Gilchrist, Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Clarke, Damien Martyn, Mike Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath, Nathan Bracken.

The world team have stated they will be targeting the young and inexperienced White,gee could you pick a team any worse to start your career against hahaha,on the up side he is expected to go for runs so anything above that will be a bonus ,however he is a dynamic batsman and good luck to him in what should now be a long carrer,and perhaps a future captain, also i notive at bottom of this article that S K Warne is saying he might be playing in the world cup 2007, love warney but i think he likes to keep a permanent spot in the newspapers for himself,with i might be retiring,i might live and play in England,i might return for world cup,i might retire from ashes...etc etc, Maybe he might want to keep his future to himself untill he has decided what he wants to do??? As he says the newspapers are always intruding in his life,but then he keeps feeding them. Why does he pick the day of the ODI to announce he might play world cup, Taking the light away from the 24 players who are playing, Just IMO.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16817003%5E11088,00.html :ph34r:

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Todays commentry team, Channel 9 ...........2pm start
Richie Benaud
Tony Greig
Ian Chappell
Mark Taylor
Ian Healy
Simon O'Donnell

Blaze

Banned
jlo33692 said:
Blaze what has happened to shane bond? is he injured?

He has just come back after 18 months out or something ridiculous. Comeback series was a couple of tests against ZIM and a tri series involving ZIM and India.

greg

International Debutant
Some suggestion that McGrath might be struggling for fitness. Anyone heard anything?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Slow Love™ said:
Well, I do have an opinion of the matter, but perhaps we shouldn't go there in this thread. :)

We can't know for certain in any case, 'cause only two people know the absolute truth of what happened.
I am with you Slow Love, I hear you loud and clear.
Best left unsaid, i looked it up a bit on google , One is lying and i would like to put my money on the one that would be saying ,why would i lie...
Best left alone but can still boo at the cricket though hahaha

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
greg said:
Some suggestion that McGrath might be struggling for fitness. Anyone heard anything?
No that was a couple of weeks back Greg ,they were questioning if his elbow or shoulder injury was healed,the Physio ,alcott said the elbow could re accur at any time as it is just an age thing and wear and tear. But McGrath has said it feels 100% ,he said his ankle if anything is still a problem but with strapping he will be ok. Thats what he said anyway on radio last night. I hope he is right as they would be in serious trouble with out him..Bit of a worry though m8 that he like this strapping capper, EMMMMM,,,lol

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Blaze said:
He has just come back after 18 months out or something ridiculous. Comeback series was a couple of tests against ZIM and a tri series involving ZIM and India.
That is a real shame for the bloke,as i remember him at his best in that world cup game against Australia,when he had them gone for all money,from memory he took some awsome figures like 6 for 18 or something and Oz were on the ropes, He was also clocked in the 150 kph bracket which not many (3 i think) can do. Do you remember that match,and scores as it escapes me but i know he had won the game for nz and couldnt do any more but they lost it ,didnt they have oz at 7 or 8 down for 70 or 80 odd after his spell? hard to believe they lost from that position.

Ok i found the game, they had Aus at 7 for 84,bond had 6 for 23 off his 10 overs.
Aus made a bit of a comeback and won it. Now anyone reading this would have to say at a guess from this position of 7-84 in 27th over Oz are in strife,but there was still a guy called Bevan at the crease,would you believe from this point on,NZ did not bowl Aus out. And infact Australia went on to win the game by 96 runs, Amazing stuff

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...PSIX/AUS_NZ_WC2003_ODI-SUPSIX5_11MAR2003.html :wacko:

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
jlo33692 said:
That is a real shame for the bloke,as i remember him at his best in that world cup game against Australia,when he had them gone for all money,from memorie he took some awsome figures like 6 for 18 or something and Oz were on the ropes, He was also clocked in the 150 kph bracket which not many (3 i think) can do. Do you remember that match,and scores as it escapes me but i know he had won the game for nz and couldnt do any more but they lost it ,didnt they have oz at 7 or 8 down for 70 or 80 odd after his spell? hard to believe they lost from that position.
Haha it's hard to forget for a NZ fan. Had we won that match we would have made the semis.

He has an awesome record against aus

31 258.5 1064 62 6/19 6/23 17.16 4.11 25.0 4 3

6 56.5 230 22 6/23 5/25 10.45 4.04 15.5 1 2

First is career, second vs. Aus

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Blaze said:
Haha it's hard to forget for a NZ fan. Had we won that match we would have made the semis.

He has an awesome record against aus

31 258.5 1064 62 6/19 6/23 17.16 4.11 25.0 4 3

6 56.5 230 22 6/23 5/25 10.45 4.04 15.5 1 2

First is career, second vs. Aus
Blaze i found the scores and added them to my post above,He is an out and out champion that guy with so much fire,i hope he stays fit as he can become one of the worlds best with some luck.
I remember he had them ducking and weaving all over the joint. I hope for NZ sake he returns as good if not better than before surley he has had enough ,its someone elses turn huh?( INJURY i mean)

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Oh thats great to hear he is back, You would wonder why he aint in the ODI ROW team as he is at his best against Aus,? I would have him in before Shoib Aktar if he is fit?
would it be because Pakistan has a population of 190 million and NZ 5 or something or am i just being silly thinking they are looking at ratings as well for a bigger audience?hahaha
If fit i would have to ask why he is not in the side,he has a proven record against oz?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For me, the greatest interest in the game from an Australian point of view will be watching Cameron White bowling. He's supposed to have been working all pre-season on bowling actual "leg-spinners" instead of the inswingers (top-spinners drifting into the pads) that he usually bowls. Supposedly struggled at the Institute Challenge in Darwin - lets hope for his sake that they've improved a fair bit.