• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Slow Love™

International Captain
howardj said:
Can't believe Katich is Hayden's replacement at the top of the order. Surely Martyn or Clarke would do a better job. Katich has no place in the ODI team.
Yeah, I thought Clarke had looked so promising a long-term opening partner for Gilly in ODIs that it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'd move up the order as soon as Hayden made way.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, I thought Clarke had looked so promising a long-term opening partner for Gilly in ODIs that it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'd move up the order as soon as Hayden made way.
Yeah even Martyn has a great record as an opener.. don't know what they are doing with Katich..

Slow Love™

International Captain
jlo33692 said:
Geez never new that one,,,But then again he was found not guilty on appeal?Is that right slow love or did he get of on some technicallity?
Well, I do have an opinion of the matter, but perhaps we shouldn't go there in this thread. :)

We can't know for certain in any case, 'cause only two people know the absolute truth of what happened.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slow Love™ said:
Well, I do have an opinion of the matter, but perhaps we shouldn't go there in this thread. :)

We can't know for certain in any case, 'cause only two people know the absolute truth of what happened.
What player are you guys talking about?

And I really don't think Katich is suited to the opening position, to me he's the definition of a middle order batsman.

andyc

burkey_1988 said:
Hope Katich does well and proves you all wrong
Hey, I do too Burpey. I hope Australia does well and proves us all wrong. It's just that he, and Australia, probably won't.

andyc

Dydl said:
The Super Subs will be interesting....
Yeah, both teams have picked bowlers. God Australia are in for it... what the hell kind of a team has Akhtar as 12th man!?

howardj

International Coach
SirBloody Idiot said:
I'm just ****ed we get it two hours delayed and the rest of Australia get it live.
Thats your fault for living in the middle of nowhere - way behind the rest of the world :p