• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Greg Blewett

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well this is a joke then, why weren't they held last week? Or bring them to Sydney where it is school holidays.

Shounak

Banned
SirBloody Idiot said:
Remembering good tickets are $100, on a work/school day in October. Ridiculous planning.
I got tickets in Row D (4 rows from the action), at Mid-On position.. $66 a pop.. Which ain't bad at all..

edit: for friday

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
If Pollock was serious......

......about winning this match he'd start with Flintoff wouldn't he?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
so what do we think of australia's new playing strip?

and the fact they have a 'home' and 'away' strip now... apparently it will only be used in nz and sth africa, which i think is strange given it is green. sounds like a money making ploy to me.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
sqwerty said:
......about winning this match he'd start with Flintoff wouldn't he?
Err why? Flintoff doesn't open the bowling for England, and Pollock is one of the best ODI bowlers of the last decade. That's like saying Australia should have opened with Gillespie and Lee in England because Gillespie is quicker.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
shoot wook up back a bit too late & dalm ground looks a bit empty and yes Gilchrist is looking ***y out their :D

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err why? Flintoff doesn't open the bowling for England, and Ponting is one of the best ODI bowlers of the last decade. That's like saying Australia should have opened with Gillespie and Lee in England because Gillespie is quicker.
Irrelevant. Flintoff's got the wood on both these guys. Doesn't matter whether he opens the bowling for England or not.

I repeat - If Pollock was serious about winning this match he'd open with Flintoff.

But he's captaining a world XI so he probably couldn't give a stuff.

Plus....I don't rate Ponting as a bowler

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
sqwerty said:
Irrelevant. Flintoff's got the wood on both these guys. Doesn't matter whether he opens the bowling for England or not.

I repeat - If Pollock was serious about winning this match he'd open with Flintoff.

But he's captaining a world XI so he probably couldn't give a stuff.

Plus....I don't rate Ponting as a bowler
Yeah, Pollock, typo. :p

Anyway, that's a ridiculous assessment. Pollock opened the bowling himself because that's his best position as he swings the new ball and is accurate. Flintoff's best place is bowling first change. Anyway, even if Pollock didn't care about this game, why on earth would be change the opening bowler? Unless you're suggesting he's attempting to throw it... if he just doesn't care, he'd still open with the better bowler.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pitch is dead flat and rather slow. I doubt it will be a massively high scoring game, and guys like Afridi and Murali may be really hard to score off.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Pitch is dead flat and rather slow. I doubt it will be a massively high scoring game, and guys like Afridi and Murali may be really hard to score off.
yea the pitch looks just like the the NZ game last year.....

chalky

International Debutant
Think they are trying to get Shoab's overs out of the way so they can bring on Afridi.

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:

I think it will be a 250+ game at least. The pitch is slow but is consistant and once you are in looks hard to get out on.

Man that was a rough no ball call.