• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
jlo33692 said:
Ok i found the game, they had Aus at 7 for 84,bond had 6 for 23 off his 10 overs.
Aus made a bit of a comeback and won it. Now anyone reading this would have to say at a guess from this position of 7-84 in 27th over Oz are in strife,but there was still a guy called Bevan at the crease,would you believe from this point on,NZ did not bowl Aus out. And infact Australia went on to win the game by 96 runs, Amazing stuff

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...PSIX/AUS_NZ_WC2003_ODI-SUPSIX5_11MAR2003.html :wacko:
I was there :D
Wow, I couldn't have picked a better time to get Glandular Fever, could I? Three ODIs and a Test Match, woo-hoo! :p

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
vic_orthdox said:
For me, the greatest interest in the game from an Australian point of view will be watching Cameron White bowling. He's supposed to have been working all pre-season on bowling actual "leg-spinners" instead of the inswingers (top-spinners drifting into the pads) that he usually bowls. Supposedly struggled at the Institute Challenge in Darwin - lets hope for his sake that they've improved a fair bit.
Cameron White should be fine, I for one have full confidence in his ability.
Plus, he just ripped up Pakistan A, so he's certainly not short on match practice.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Chooka,was you at the actual world cup game?
Wow that would have been something to actually go is one thing but to go and be at a tournament your team wins would be heavan for any cricket lover. What was it like and did you get to the final?
Test cricket is and always should be the pinicle of cricket,ODI is just a cash cow for the tests IMO but one thing i must admit there was no feeling in any test series ive had,maybe barring india when we won for 1st time in years,(without our captain)The feeling when the world cup of ODI is another level to the ordinary ODI humdrum before each series and tests. But the ODI in W/C is brilliant and exciting and how is that feeling when your team wins it? Then you really know what ODI is all about,for mine just as exciting if not more so than tests,but only in world cup games.
Your a lucky man chooka, i think 1 week before the NZ game we were in similar trouble V England and a 9th wicket stand with Bevan and Bicheal again got us over the line,2 times in 1 week was astounding especially by the same 2 players,bith times when we were absolutly GORN. Guess thats what makes them a great team huh,Nearly done a simalar thing in the recent ahses when down and out they seem to produce there best?????

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
jlo33692 said:
Chooka,was you at the actual world cup game?
Wow that would have been something to actually go is one thing but to go and be at a tournament your team wins would be heavan for any cricket lover. What was it like and did you get to the final?
Test cricket is and always should be the pinicle of cricket,ODI is just a cash cow for the tests IMO but one thing i must admit there was no feeling in any test series ive had,maybe barring india when we won for 1st time in years,(without our captain)The feeling when the world cup of ODI is another level to the ordinary ODI humdrum before each series and tests. But the ODI in W/C is brilliant and exciting and how is that feeling when your team wins it? Then you really know what ODI is all about,for mine just as exciting if not more so than tests,but only in world cup games.
Your a lucky man chooka, i think 1 week before the NZ game we were in similar trouble V England and a 9th wicket stand with Bevan and Bicheal again got us over the line,2 times in 1 week was astounding especially by the same 2 players,bith times when we were absolutly GORN. Guess thats what makes them a great team huh,Nearly done a simalar thing in the recent ahses when down and out they seem to produce there best?????
................................................................................................................................

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
8-) RADIO LINK 4 GAME for those without TV.
Slow love has posted a site for radio in an earlier post, i think it was ABC,here is another if anyone has any trouble ,again the link is on the right hand side of this page,again it isntt active yet but expect it to about 1 hour before the game,You may also want to have a look through this site Johnnie walker superseries site,it has a load of cricket stuff,,,Good luck

http://johnniewalkersuperseries.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1252158.cms

howardj

International Coach
As a cricket fan, I love the certainty that an indoor stadium provides. You know that the game is going to start on time; you know that the game is going to be free from interruptions. In 20 years, I think most stadiums will have a roof - whether it be permanent or retractable - which will allow cricket to be played all year round.

Dydl

International Debutant
Like vic_orthdox said, it will be interesting to see how Cameron White bowls...

EDIT: Thanks Prince EWS

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
howardj said:
As a cricket fan, I love the certainty that an indoor stadium provides. You know that the game is going to start on time; you know that the game is going to be free from interruptions. In 20 years, I think most stadiums will have a roof - whether it be permanent or retractable - which will allow cricket to be played all year round.

Yep I love that certainty as well.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon they should open the roof if it is sunny though, and only close it if it is raining or there is a threat of it

howardj

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
I reckon they should open the roof if it is sunny though, and only close it if it is raining or there is a threat of it
For sure.

Like with the tennis at the Aussie Open.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia batting, looks a nice pitch. Funny that the ground is virtually empty ten minutes before the match (unless the coverage of the toss wasn't live...).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
About to get underway. Starting to fill up now, but it won't even be 15 or 20% full when the first ball is bowled. Either everyone's turned up late or they're very slow at getting people through the gates.