• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If Australia bat 1st i reckon McGrath will be the super -sub since they will want to extend their batting but & McGrath would just come in to bowl in the R.O.W innings. But if they bat second then i reckon Hussey will be the sub since this time Australia will want to utilise all their bowling options in Lee/McGrath/Bracken/Tait/Watson/White/Symonds so Hussey may come in for McGrath.

cameeel

International Captain
Robertinho said:
These should be great games, and at the moment I'm looking good to go to the one on Friday :-O
I'm going to that one too, should be awesome :D

Shame Tait's injured though

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
If Australia bat 1st i reckon McGrath will be the super -sub since they will want to extend their batting but & McGrath would just come in to bowl in the R.O.W innings. But if they bat second then i reckon Hussey will be the sub since this time Australia will want to utilise all their bowling options in Lee/McGrath/Bracken/Tait/Watson/White/Symonds so Hussey may come in for McGrath.
Have you forgoten that the supersub is named before the toss and therefore they will not know whether they are batting first or second when naming their super sub?

The supersub will probably be Watson or White.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Have you forgoten that the supersub is named before the toss and therefore they will not know whether they are batting first or second when naming their super sub?

oh yeah i forgot, well in that case yea Watson or White will be the super-sub.....

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:

Bloody stupid rule it is too. The supersub would be much for effective if named AFTER the toss. Who the hell came up with the brainwave to make it BEFORE the toss? :dry:

I would go with Watson.

But because Ponting is a bit of a moron, it will probably be Symonds or something out of left field! :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SquidAU said:
Bloody stupid rule it is too. The supersub would be much for effective if named AFTER the toss. Who the hell came up with the brainwave to make it BEFORE the toss? :dry:

I would go with Watson.

But because Ponting is a bit of a moron, it will probably be Symonds or something out of left field! :p

Haha! Likely. He should make himself the supersub so someone else can captain on the field then he can just bat.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
aussie said:
ok now stop dissing Ponting..... :dry:
I'll stop dissing him if he creams the World XI bowling tomorrow.

And if he wins the toss and bats.

And if he makes White or Watson the supersub.

All of those have to happen. :p

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Should be a bloody good game tomorrow.....

Got the ol' 51" DLP screen setup at work.......demo, you see :thumbsup:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
howardj said:
Thats your fault for living in the middle of nowhere - way behind the rest of the world :p
I think the reason they do it is so that they get the majority of it in prime time and all that. People getting home from work can see more of it that way.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SquidAU said:
Personally I think the whole idea is a waste of time - go back to proper 11 a side Cricket.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Personally I think the whole idea is a waste of time - go back to proper 11 a side Cricket.
What will happen is, they'll finish the trial in 9 months and then realise that there needed to be a few changes and do it again. :blink:

Slow Love™

International Captain
dinu23 said:
no, i mean live commentry or video.
Dunno about video, but go here:

http://www.abc.net.au/cricket/default.htm

There ought to be a "live audio" link somewhere on the page. You will see there now is a box on the right saying "Listen Live - Our audio stream of ABC Grandstand's call of the cricket from 2:00pm AEST Wednesday" (04:00 GMT), so they're definitely doing live commentary.

twctopcat

International Regular
Hmmm, this could be a run-fest tomorrow. With all respect to lee, white etc, the only tight bowler in that team is Mcgrath and if Watson/ Symonds aren't on the game they will get absolutely murdered by the v long batting line up. I can't wait... :D