• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
strange comments from Hussain

"A World XI without Sachin is not a World XI, because he is one of the greats to have played the game and Australians hold him as the closest thing to Bradman, if not better"

part may well be true, but i doubt you'd find many Aussies who think Tendulkar is better than Bradman

twctopcat

International Regular
superkingdave said:

"A World XI without Sachin is not a World XI, because he is one of the greats to have played the game and Australians hold him as the closest thing to Bradman, if not better"

part may well be true, but i doubt you'd find many Aussies who think Tendulkar is better than Bradman
Lol yeah, but we all know Nasser and fluent English don't always go hand in hand... :p

twctopcat

International Regular
jlo33692 said:
LOL hahaha what a ripper,it looks like he has dribbled his Irish Baileys down his shirt haha

Long bloody trip though,prob didnt have time to change his tee shirt haha
Either that or he got a bit carried away with the missus trying for the mile high club... :ph34r:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
twctopcat said:
Either that or he got a bit carried away with the missus trying for the mile high club... :ph34r:
LOL ,is the misses with him?she is an attractive lady huh?
Where can i find that comment by nasser hussain?
He must have been misquoted surely,i know he is regarded in australia as the little mystro, The players of the last 15 years all say he is without peer in batting,but there is no way any aussie will say he is better than the don, Just on this point did you guys ever get the mini series or 6 hour movie of Bodyline over there? all about the bradman and bodyline era ? I often wondered if that was ever shown in England,if not you should try and get a copy of it,as it is very well done movie or series on cricket and the passion it used to generate around the war years ,we have nothing compared to that these days.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I would have thought after the success last year with Clarke opening the batting, he would have continued doing so. Gilchrist was saying he would like to see Martyn opening, since he has such a good record doing so.

White was a good replacement for Hogg, although I am pretty sure Warne would have been on the selectors minds as well. But it's good to see the selectors looking at the future by picking young guys now.

Would have been good to see Tait play in an ODI....sure he would have gotten smashed around a little but I reckon he would have taken a few wickets as well.

I am still bewildered by the selectors picking Clark..... :dry:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but I thought this article was great. I love McGrath
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...o-me-says-glenn/2005/10/03/1128191657111.html

I'm pretty excited to see the new players in action, it's just what Australia needed I reckon. After his performances in Pakistan I can't wait to see White have a go.

Edit: I was really happy when I read this, I think it was stupid to get rid of the guy in the first place
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/buchanan-sends-for-us-help/2005/10/03/1128191657108.html

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess they are happy with Clarke down the order and are trying to find a spot to put Katich in that doesn't dirupt the current batting order, and opening is the place left. He has had good success there in ING Cup. Also, Katich needs to build an innings and really struggles coming in late in the order when you really need to get your eye in quickly. He will also be a good counter for Gilly's aggressive style.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
burkey_1988 said:
I guess they are happy with Clarke down the order and are trying to find a spot to put Katich in that doesn't dirupt the current batting order, and opening is the place left. He has had good success there in ING Cup. Also, Katich needs to build an innings and really struggles coming in late in the order when you really need to get your eye in quickly. He will also be a good counter for Gilly's aggressive style.
Yeah, I suppose. Clarke's flashy style is suited to the later overs anyhow. He usually builds good partnerships with Symonds/Hussey.

I just hope Katich doesn't waste too many balls..... :ph34r:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
SquidAU said:
Yeah, I suppose. Clarke's flashy style is suited to the later overs anyhow. He usually builds good partnerships with Symonds/Hussey.

I just hope Katich doesn't waste too many balls..... :ph34r:
Better to waste them at the start than in the last 10 overs :p

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I think there may be a spot for MacGill in the ODI lineup.

Delusional, am I?

class mat balls runs wkts bbi bbm ave econ sr 4 5

ODIs 3 180 105 6 4/19 4/19 17.50 3.50 30.00 1 0

List A 99 4802 3962 178 5/40 5/40 22.25 4.95 26.97 9 3

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
LongHopCassidy said:
I think there may be a spot for MacGill in the ODI lineup.

Delusional, am I?

class mat balls runs wkts bbi bbm ave econ sr 4 5

ODIs 3 180 105 6 4/19 4/19 17.50 3.50 30.00 1 0 0

List A 99 4802 3962 178 5/40 5/40 22.25 4.95 26.97 9 3 0
Not delusional, but smart, unlike the Australian selectors. He would go for a few runs but would definitely take wickets. He performed when he did get a chance in ODIs but has been forgotten since.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Suggested ODI team (quite far out, but there you are)
1. A Gilchrist+
2. M Clarke
3. R Ponting*
4. S Watson
5. A Symonds
6. M Hussey
7. J Hopes
8. B Lee
9. M Kasprowicz
10. G McGrath
11. S MacGill

And Test team.......
1. J Langer
2. M Hussey
3. R Ponting
4. S Katich
5. S Watson
6. M Clarke
7. A Gilchrist+
8. S Warne*
9. B Lee/M Kasprowicz
10. G McGrath
11. S MacGill

Last edited:

andyc

I thought Kasper was dropped, LHC.

I like your Test side, but I'd be more inclined to switch around Clarke and Katich, given how well Katich played with the tailenders and just how he plays.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
I thought Kasper was dropped, LHC.

I like your Test side, but I'd be more inclined to switch around Clarke and Katich, given how well Katich played with the tailenders and just how he plays.
I'd agree with that. Katich would better handle a situation where Australia has lost 4 wickets for not many runs than Clarke would

andyc

honestbharani said:
It is less than 24 hours away. I can hardly wait. Which channel is covering this in Australia?
I'm pretty sure it's Channel 9

Mister Wright

superkingdave said:

There are some.