• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Blaze

Banned
jlo33692 said:
Good question Blaze,,

Blaze m8 just on another sport for a second,did you see that rain in the soccer in NZ yestetrday?
It was unbelievable and made the game so interesting for the observers who never watch normally on the TV,it was rivating stuff,does it always rain that hard there m8?
Haven't watched the game yet but heard about it. Will watch it and get back to you

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
jlo33692 said:
To Aussie,

Ian Chappell has just released a book and he spares NOBODY and i mean NOBODY,he has a dig at a lot of well known current and ex players,a big go at Botham,if you want to read a warts and all book with no punches held back then get a copy of this ,i promise you will never read a book that is so controversial and speaks openly without any fear of offending someone,if you get a chance to read it ,do yourself a favour, Magic stuff.
sounds interesting yo :) , whats the name of the book?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
If Ntini plays its a very long tail.
well R.O.W have 8 good batsment plus Afridi could come in has the super-sub for Murali since Ntini isn't the worst tail-end bat in the world.

Blaze

Banned
aussie said:
well R.O.W have 8 good batsment plus Afridi could come in has the super-sub for Murali since Ntini isn't the worst tail-end bat in the world.

Ntini is pretty bad. Murali is terrible and Akhtar is not pretty to watch. If they end up in a position like they were in vs. Victoria then all I will say is good luck R.O.W with that tail.

I can't see Ntini being all that effective against AUS anyway. Murali and Vettori through the middle overs would prove very challenging for AUS if they are 2-3 down after 20 overs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Ntini is pretty bad. Murali is terrible and Akhtar is not pretty to watch. If they end up in a position like they were in vs. Victoria then all I will say is good luck R.O.W with that tail.

I can't see Ntini being all that effective against AUS anyway. Murali and Vettori through the middle overs would prove very challenging for AUS if they are 2-3 down after 20 overs.
Ntini is as good as Harmison or Jones so thats not bad, akhtar n murali are poor, i agree that Vettori n Murali would be challenging throught in the middle overs but we'll see which direction the selectors go, looking back at the games i've seen at the telsra dome Vettori may well n play.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
aussie said:
sounds interesting yo :) , whats the name of the book?
Aussie the book is Ian Chappell speaks out..
Here is a link from cricinfo about the book with shorts on what its about,

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/219635.html

Just a bit more that i found,it is called
hitting out,the ian chappell story but in this above link its called ian chappelli hits out,so i dont know ?maybe different name in diff country,but he has a hit at Bradman ,to miller,and steve waugh who he says was the most selfish cricketer he kknew,,,and so on..
here is a review,buy the way im not selling it for him hahaha but it is good to see a book with all true thoughts as most now just balb on about how great a person he is and he is and so on,,

Ian Chappell was loved by the Australian public for his no-nonsense approach to captaining his country. An exceptionally talented batsman, a superb slip-fielder and occasional leg-spin bowler, he also developed a reputation for not suffering fools gladly, and for calling a spade a spade. His seemingly abrasive personality led to clashes with the likes of Don Bradman and Kerry Packer. Swearing on TV in Australia only cemented his legendary status at home.

On the pitch he presided over a hugely successful Australian side, which featured the talents of his brother Greg (both brothers once scored a century in the same Test against New Zealand in 1973) and the fast bowlers Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thomson, and had many a notorious battle with English sides featuring the likes of Geoffrey Boycott. His mother apparently believes he's mellowed, but Chappell himself believes he has 'just got smarter with age'.

The book will include his thoughts on (recent passions of) opera and classical music ('try that on me thirty years ago and I would have said it was ********, there's drinking to be done'), but will also feature controversial views on Steve Waugh 'a selfish cricketer and ordinary Test captain' and details of how he's 'gone into bat' for asylum seekers in Australia. All in all, a controversial but humorous look at the career of one of the Australian greats, as told to former team-mate-turned-journalist and author Ashley Mallett. :cool:Ps if you want a good cricket read and its a fairly big book in terms of pages,(280 odd i think)Slats,the micheal Slater story is a very very good book,that bloke has been through the works,from hotted up cars to back stage at guns and roses smoking the weed and you can relate to it as its very down to earth from his school days and times with the master blaster himself VIVY Richards,now there is another good book,but anyway,hahaa im going into the book review buisness LOL

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Pratyush said:
The cricket guru thread and SJS trivia are the place to go!
Hi Pratyush, where do i find that sjs is it www.sjstrivia.com ???

Sorry Pratyush ,ive found it in the search engine,it is the site one we are on now started by Jason!!!

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
jlo33692 said:
? What is it he did?
I never saw anything about him in the papers here?
He was convicted of rape and sentenced to six years in prison, but was found not guilty on appeal.

howardj

International Coach
jlo33692 said:
To Aussie,

Ian Chappell has just released a book and he spares NOBODY and i mean NOBODY,he has a dig at a lot of well known current and ex players,a big go at Botham,if you want to read a warts and all book with no punches held back then get a copy of this ,i promise you will never read a book that is so controversial and speaks openly without any fear of offending someone,if you get a chance to read it ,do yourself a favour, Magic stuff.
Ive read it, and if you've heard Ian Chappell commentate and read his articles, then the book doesn't really offer anything new.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jlo33692 said:
that is what i was refering to Marc, I thought you could have worked that out surley.
I read it as in you calling him the stand-in captain for the day - apologies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jlo33692 said:
Well in test matches ,it now depends on what you need from your allrounder,if your a batting allrounder then Kallis has it over Freddie,if bowling allrounder then You would have to take Fredrick Von Flintoff,
The thing is Kallis' bowling doesn't really class him as anything more than a batsman who fills in a few overs now, especially when he comes up against good batting line-ups and develops a little niggle or something.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Emcee said:
Breaking news, Hogg out of super series with knee injury, Victorian Captain Cameron White called up. This news so fresh White dosn't even know he has been called up.
I know it would never have happened, but wouldn't it have been great to see Warne come out of retirement as his replacement?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And now Tait's pulled out, 3 months on the sidelines for him - so who's going to come in long term for him?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
o dear what a way to destroy my lunchtime geez mayn losing Tait for 3 months is serious god i hope Dizzy could find some form fast & for god sake why are the selectors picking that dalm Clark??? :dry: