• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Is Watson really an allrounder or just the aussie media and fans are building up the hype ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Is Watson really an allrounder or just the aussie media and fans are building up the hype ?
no one is building up hype on him, his performances with the ball may not have been great but at least you cant doubt he has looked competent with the bat againts both pace n spin.

dinu23

International Debutant
aussie said:
no one is building up hype on him, his performances with the ball may not have been great but at least you cant doubt he has looked competent with the bat againts both pace n spin.
he looked ok in ODIs but in tests i think he has a long way to go.

Shah

Cricket Spectator
James said:
3:41pm local time, lights on full, and they come off for bad light. Just can't understand that.
I don't understand. It's goning to screw up the rhythm esp murali's

Something under 400 should be hard to chase with Warne & McGrath bowling
but if one of the batsman starts firing it'll be a great contest

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Smith is the bright spark that decided to bring on Harmison.....if the light was that bad, the World XI being on top now, only 2 wickets to get, Murali on fire.....

Stupid decision.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
SquidAU said:
Smith is the bright spark that decided to bring on Harmison.....if the light was that bad, the World XI being on top now, only 2 wickets to get, Murali on fire.....

Stupid decision.
dont think it was stupid Freddie was bowling all the time he brings on Harmison & the light is bad, good god its 3 in the afternoon geez, somethig wrong with batsmen these days 1st you come off at 11 in the morning for bad light :wacko: then this grhhhhhhhh

Shah

Cricket Spectator
I thought his captaincy was quite good. He brought on the right bowlers at the right time. It should be alright, onlky 2 more wickets to get.
Batting would be difficult for World IX

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
aussie said:
dont think it was stupid Freddie was bowling all the time he brings on Harmison & the light is bad, good god its 3 in the afternoon geez, somethig wrong with batsmen these days 1st you come off at 11 in the morning for bad light :wacko: then this grhhhhhhhh
According to the umpires, the light go worse in the last 5 minutes, then Smith decided to bring Harmison back (why when Murali was weaving magic, I will never know).....All Smith had to do was change his mind, bring bck Murali and we would still be seeing some play.

So, stupid decision.