• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
greg said:
I think people are consistently overlooking the fact that they don't really care 8-)

Anyway Harmison was hardly out taking a wild swing.
I also think people are overlooking the fact that Australia are unbeatable at home.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
honestbharani said:
Are you even watching the game? Whoever the commentator was deserves to be fired. That was as plumb as it gets. U are talking about Gilly's decision, right?
Why would I be listening to a radio if I had a tv in front of me?

Anyway, having seen the replay, I dont know what they were on about as it was plumb.

chalky

International Debutant
Credit to Australia especially the two great bowlers Mcgrath & Warne. They must be the greatest combination of bowlers ever to appear in the same team. On any ptch they can attack without conceding runs, tie up an end and sometimes get wickets just through the force of their personalities. Today Mcgrath opens up the top order, Warne rips through the middle order leaving Macgill to mop up the dreggs.

The rest of the Aussie attack looks pretty poor though. Lee carrying on his ashes form, Watson the least said the better. Macgill looked O.K. but it would be interesting to see him bowling without McGrath & Warne in the same team. Comeback Gillespie & Kaspa. (well not quite :D )

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching the highlights now. It's amazing what difference a great fielding display makes: Katich's & Hayden's catches were both great, but Gilly's stumping of Inzi was genius. Amazing bit of work. :)

Boucher was sawn off tho, why wasn't that referred?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Just watching the highlights now. It's amazing what difference a great fielding display makes: Katich's & Hayden's catches were both great, but Gilly's stumping of Inzi was genius. Amazing bit of work. :)

Boucher was sawn off tho, why wasn't that referred?
I guess because he heard the bat hit the pad.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
MacGill pleasantly surprised me today, he bowled very very well indeed, maybe the best I've seen him bowl. Warne was as usual brilliant as was McGrath.

Why Murali is putting it through a bit quicker than usual confuses me. Usually he's about the 80 km/h mark, but he's around 90 atm. If he slowed it up a bit, he'd start getting some of the turn MacGill and Warne were getting.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
And this match proves that MacGill isn't as bad as he is made out to be.
No, it's proved nothing at all except he still bowls a lot of loose balls, and was able to wrap up a tail after the good bowlers had done the initial damage.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Is his 2nd innings record still as bad as it used to be?
He still only averages 25.66 in the second innings, but he's at least managed a 90. Incredible that he maintains such a good career average in spite of this.

open365

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
No, it's proved nothing at all except he still bowls a lot of loose balls, and was able to wrap up a tail after the good bowlers had done the initial damage.
loose balls?
of course he does,hes a bloody leg spinner,if it weren't for warnie,he would be considered the best.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Maison said:
because rudy didnt think he needed 3rd ump ;)

that git!
Despite all the technology, one has to say the Umpiring decisions (the erroneous ones)have favoured Australia.

Hayden being out twice to Harmison and Murali and not be referred (Taufel the culprit in the latter instance) and Boucher dismissal.

Overall the technology has helped, but it will only be acceptable and fairer, when Umps refer whenever there's doubt without picking and choosing when to refer . (Otherwise it can become just as ineffective and unreliable as without technology use)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having seen Flintoff swing the new ball both here and at the Oval, I think that he's a better user of it than both Harmy and Hoggard.

However, as the usefulness of both the others deteriorates once the shine has gone off, I dont think the Eng selectors will contemplate a change.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh that's close! And Murali was the only one that appealed!

3rd ump gives it not out. Hmmm.

And now it looks like Ponting is complaining about why Taufel referred the decision?