• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Warne to bowl the third over. Waste of the new ball, even if they have to go off for light. Hah, six.

cameeel

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Warne to bowl the third over. Waste of the new ball, even if they have to go off for light. Hah, six.
It certainly is, given there's still 3 days left, surely it;s better to go off the field and save the new ball

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It certainly is, given there's still 3 days left, surely it;s better to go off the field and save the new ball
Not the fielding captain's call. I guess he could insist upon bowling the fast men and force the umpires to offer the batsen the light but these are excellent conditions to bowl in, even with spinners and the new-ball. Tomorrow could be rained out and anything could happen from there. Or tomorrow could be perfect sunshine, cancelling out the movement and the World XI could score the runs. You never know.

And MacGill gets the second wicket. :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
F***ing hell, this is what's wrong with this concept! The batsmen (not so much the bowlers) don't seem to give a rats ****... shots like that from Sewag prove my point.
I want a GREAT MATCH, not a dud, dammit.

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
chooka_nick said:
F***ing hell, this is what's wrong with this concept! The batsmen (not so much the bowlers) don't seem to give a rats ****... shots like that from Sewag prove my point.

hitting full tosses from a spinner isnt very difficult.....

hitting fast, fairly full balls would probably be hard...

i hate training when it gets dark. imagine playing when theres no sunlight.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Kee-rist, it's the "Croc Hunter Diaries"...

Looks like it was a fairly exciting day's play today - unfortunately I missed nearly all of it. Sounds like Murali bowled a very nice spell, too.

I'd like to see something from the World XI tomorrow - particularly from Lara or Inzy.

James

Cricket Web Owner
chooka_nick said:
Bad Word Filter

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
i dont see what the guys trying to promote :S

its only his email :/

anyways, i doubt Lara will do anything, he hasnt done anything *all* series... all he's been good for is bumming around in the field :p

Then again, look at Hayden now, hmmm.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
dont think it was stupid Freddie was bowling all the time he brings on Harmison & the light is bad, good god its 3 in the afternoon geez, somethig wrong with batsmen these days 1st you come off at 11 in the morning for bad light :wacko: then this grhhhhhhhh
Time of day is irrelevant if it's too dark to bat...

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
From the Bad Word Filter page:

The Cricket Web Team are commited to keeping the boards free of abusive behaviour, bad language, and certain behaviours we consider to be detrimental to the forums so people of all ages can enjoy themselves here.

I certainly appreciate that -- thank you, James.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Maison said:
i dont see what the guys trying to promote :S

its only his email :/

anyways, i doubt Lara will do anything, he hasnt done anything *all* series... all he's been good for is bumming around in the field :p

Then again, look at Hayden now, hmmm.
remember what he did the last time that happened?