• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unless something happens to inspire the World X1, this match is showing signs of turning very ugly for them. There's not much talk, Harmy is all over the shop and they're staring down the gun-barrel of a massive deficit.

greg

International Debutant
Knopfler said:
Pitch breaks up the longer the match goes, making the spinners more important. This is even more so the case at the SCG than at other grounds (particularily in Australia)
I think you've missed the point here :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
greg said:
If Hayden lasts another 2-3 years will he retire with a reputation as "the great blocker" ;-) :D
His reputation was a lot more like that when he was young actually. He regularly played on difficult pitches and built himself a reputation for getting to lunch on less than 20 and then having a century by tea. ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
What was that ?? If this is how Flintoff is going to bat in Pakistan then I am sorry to say I dont see England winning the test series in Pakistan.
Might it be somewhat dictated by the match situation? Going for quick runs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
Murali and Harmison were dickkheads.......They should have tried to defend and give Vettori the strike at the end....They could have mustered another 20-30 runs for the last couple of wickets if they had half a brain....particularly murali ...brainless attempt of an innings...especially when a much better batsmen is at the other end !! :@
That is the way those 2 play. Shot a ball. You just have to pur up with it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
zinzan12 said:
Murali and Harmison were dickkheads.......They should have tried to defend and give Vettori the strike at the end....They could have mustered another 20-30 runs for the last couple of wickets if they had half a brain....particularly murali ...brainless attempt of an innings...especially when a much better batsmen is at the other end !! :@
Please watch your language Zinzan.

greg

International Debutant
Just saw the Boucher dismissal. What a joke! He didn't even bother to start shaking his head, because he missed it by such a long way. 8-)

Choora

State Regular
This super series contest is proving to be a joke, it will be a shame if this match doesn't even last 5 days!

What a major dissapointment after such a wonderful Ashes series, the ROW 11 side really suxs! :notworthy

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Choora said:
This super series contest is proving to be a joke, it will be a shame if this match doesn't even last 5 days!

What a major dissapointment after such a wonderful Ashes series, the ROW 11 side really suxs! :notworthy

Assuming fine weather, the World XI will have to show a 100x improvement in their batting to make it go past 5 days.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
Murali and Harmison were **********.......They should have tried to defend and give Vettori the strike at the end....They could have mustered another 20-30 runs for the last couple of wickets if they had half a brain....particularly murali ...brainless attempt of an innings...especially when a much better batsmen is at the other end !! :@
I have to agree, they failed to realise that Vettori is a batsman with Test centuries and fifties under his belt and should be taking the majority of the strike !!

Murali has played 90 odd Tests but has done very little IMO to improve his ability as a batsman.

In this instance Vettori a capable Test Batsman and allrounder should have been given the lead and he should have tried to stay away from the strike. The World XI may have managed a few more runs , which they can hardly afford not to have .

greg

International Debutant
JASON said:
I have to agree, they failed to realise that Vettori is a batsman with Test centuries and fifties under his belt and should be taking the majority of the strike !!

Murali has played 90 odd Tests but has done very little IMO to improve his ability as a batsman.

In this instance Vettori a capable Test Batsman and allrounder should have been given the lead and he should have tried to stay away from the strike. The World XI may have managed a few more runs , which they can hardly afford not to have .
I think people are consistently overlooking the fact that they don't really care 8-)

Anyway Harmison was hardly out taking a wild swing.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
greg said:
I think people are consistently overlooking the fact that they don't really care 8-)

Anyway Harmison was hardly out taking a wild swing.
You are absolutely correct. These World XI guys hardly seem to care for each other or for their Team's interests. They are all a bunch of selfish twits each playing for his own glory !!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Sanz said:
What was that ?? If this is how Flintoff is going to bat in Pakistan then I am sorry to say I dont see England winning the test series in Pakistan.
He won't be trying to keep a sinking ship afloat in Pakistan this winter, though. Add to that the fact that he doesn't care whether or not he gets out in this game and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out and plays exactly the same way in the 2nd innings.

cameeel

International Captain
JASON said:
You are absolutely correct. These World XI guys hardly seem to care for each other or for their Team's interests. They are all a bunch of selfish twits each playing for his own glory !!
And not even playing well for their own glory :p