• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Agreed. Not a fan of it at all, especially given it doesn't solve debates about close calls in the slightest. For me, Clarke was not out yesterday, and Inzy was out just a minute ago. No doubt some people here would disagree.
Plus, Rudi actually said not out before referring the decision of Lara. You have to say he got that right in that instance and I heard all the commentators say that the Clarke decision was correct.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
social said:
1. Most lethal bowler Ive ever seen - Thomson 74 - 76

2. Best bowler - Imran

3. Best contemporary - McGrath

4. Best spinner - Warne

5. Best wicket taker - Murali

Respect - 1 - 4.

Change your opinion on 1 - 4, but the fact remains the same.

50% of the cricketing world respects Murali, the other 50% totally disregards him.
It is really not just 50% who appreciate him. Juz because a bunch of guys in Australia don't, doesn't mean it is the world. There is really only one guy who doesn't like him in India and I am yet to hear more than a couple of Englishmen call him as a cheat or something. The fact remains, most of the guys you named chuck too, so they are all cheats then.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
greg said:
Precisely, so what's the point? How are they going to prevent him getting tired?
They have simply warned about this to the PCB and asked them to get things right. AT this point, they are giving him the benefit of the doubt. If this happens in a match situation, he can get reported again and this time, they will work with him longer.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JASON said:
You are absolutely correct. These World XI guys hardly seem to care for each other or for their Team's interests. They are all a bunch of selfish twits each playing for his own glory !!
To be honest, what else do they have to play for?

And Gilchrist an absolute shoe-in (sp?) for player of the series (including the one-dayers)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not a fan of the new chucking regulations at all. I think they're an utter joke, and make a mockery of the original rule and what it was meant to keep out of the game. However, you can't blame Murali for it really. He bowls the way he knows how to bowl, and does so extremely well, and he's allowed to do so... that's all there is to it. My personal opinion is that he is marginally behind Warne among all spin bowlers I've ever seen, and whether or not his action is suspect doesn't really diminish his quality as a bowler at all.

However, I understand the point about enjoying seeing him out of the wickets in Australia again, as I consider him slightly overrated on those pitches which do not offer assistance for spin bowlers, at least compared to a particular "poor little drug taking leg spinner" who has to play half his matches on them. Compare him to any other spinner in the world though, and he's miles ahead regardless of the surface.
Great point, Sean. Personally, I rate Murali marginally higher than Warne over the course of their careers (obviously, Warne is the better one on current form). But I can respect why you would think Warne is slightly ahead of Murali as I am sure you can of me rating Murali higher. I juz don't get this whole "cheat" thing. It is really annoying, AFAIC.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
social said:
Sounded like a horrible decision.

According to ABC Radio, it was too high and missing leg stump in any event.
Are you even watching the game? Whoever the commentator was deserves to be fired. That was as plumb as it gets. U are talking about Gilly's decision, right?

Craig

World Traveller
Don't trust the ABC radio commentators. Especially some idiot former leg spinner is behind the mike. And I don't like his laugh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I was there! Whoooop. Awesome day, Sehwag was brilliant. McGrath was great to the crowd as well. And being on TV is always good. I was there for Freddie`s square-leg 6 of Stuey. Just didn`t carry to us! Great day of cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is not as bad as most people think, but neither is he as good as a couple of his supporters here want us to believe. Overall, I do think he is a good spinner who is often not given his due. Not many spinners could have forced someone of the calibre of Shane Warne to be dropped from the side, right. ;)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I thought MacGill was brilliant as well. He bowled with a bit more loop than Warne, I reckon they both compliment each other.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Nnanden said:
I thought MacGill was brilliant as well. He bowled with a bit more loop than Warne, I reckon they both compliment each other.
Too bad the selectors didn't think so back on the Ashes tour! :ph34r:

cameeel

International Captain
andyc said:
He's performed well in way more than one match though
True, he certainly has, but on most pitches 2 leg-spinners is excessive, and he certainly isnt good enough to displace Warne from the team

andyc

cameeel said:
True, he certainly has, but on most pitches 2 leg-spinners is excessive, and he certainly isnt good enough to displace Warne from the team
Before Warne came along, one leg spinner was excessive. Things can change, and there's nothing wrong with two spinners in my opinion.

Pothas

These series never really go well and this one really has been a dud, shows us that we really should keep such games to our imagination